Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Carers / Caregivers United - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Carers / Caregivers United (/Thread-Carers-Caregivers-United)

Pages: 1 2

Carers / Caregivers United - Dreamcatcher - 05-30-2012

Are you a carer? Do you look after someone with a Disability like sleep apnea or like me you could be a carer with sleep apnea? Then this is your chance to gain your voice. I will keep this thread active as long as it takes so that others can see that there are carers on this forum that can help and who knows where it may lead.

So, are you fed up with being shouted at by your loved one or relative due to stress and tiredness or maybe you just want to have a good moan because you feel leftout or lonely and want to speak to like minded people. If so, your in the right place, post away. Thanks

RE: Carers United - zimlich - 05-30-2012

I am not the carer, but the cared for, after a serious nervous breakdown in 2005.
I was so messed up I felt like I'd had a stroke. There were hospitalizations, appointments to be taken to, medicines to manage, shopping to be done. She took care of my finances and everything else. I haven't been able to work since so she is the breadwinner. I am finally able to take care of the house, yard, and dog on my own. I owe her a debt of gratitude and hope you carers out there know how much it means to be accepted and taken care of by someone who loves you. I am eternally grateful. Thank you.

RE: Carers United - Dreamcatcher - 05-30-2012

(05-30-2012, 07:34 AM)zimlich Wrote: I am not the carer, but the cared for, after a serious nervous breakdown in 2005.
I was so messed up I felt like I'd had a stroke. There were hospitalizations, appointments to be taken to, medicines to manage, shopping to be done. She took care of my finances and everything else. I haven't been able to work since so she is the breadwinner. I am finally able to take care of the house, yard, and dog on my own. I owe her a debt of gratitude and hope you carers out there know how much it means to be accepted and taken care of by someone who loves you. I am eternally grateful. Thank you.

Thanks for that zimlich, why not ask her to join the site, Im sure the more carers we can attract to the site could be a real benefit for both sides of the equation. When someone gets sleep apnea it not only effects the person but the whole family. My family know when Ive had a bad night/day and give me some room to come round or wake up properly but I can be a bear with a sore head at times. Its not easy being on both sides as a carer and a sufferer, just make sure your partner knows how you feel because even a little thank you or hug can go a long long way.

Thanks

DC

RE: Carers United - PollCat - 05-30-2012

Hey, DC, it took me awhile to figure out what "carers" were. The more common term here in the US is "care giver". I guess the joke is on me, I just read the entire thread topic.

RE: Carers / Caregivers United - PaulaO2 - 05-30-2012

DC, I changed the title of the post to include the word 'caregivers' since it is the more universal term.

RE: Carers / Caregivers United - PollCat - 05-30-2012

Oh, I get it, Paula is just messing with my mind!!! Oh-jeez

RE: Carers / Caregivers United - Dreamcatcher - 05-31-2012

Never heard of caregivers before, so calling all caregivers, you want to air your views on what it is like to be a caregiver?

RE: Carers / Caregivers United - Bompa - 05-31-2012

DC this is a great topic you've started here! I've lived with the same caregiver for 44 years and she does a super job of looking after me! Smile
She's always giving me advice (good or bad), looks ater our finances etc..
She has really proven herself in the past few years since I became crippled up with Arthritis, Bursitis, and Spinal Stenosis.
Hats off to my best friend and wife!!!!
Hats off to ALL Caregivers in the world. Where would we be without them?Oh-jeez

RE: Carers / Caregivers United - Dreamcatcher - 05-31-2012

(05-31-2012, 05:04 AM)Bompa Wrote: DC this is a great topic you've started here! I've lived with the same caregiver for 44 years and she does a super job of looking after me! Smile
She's always giving me advice (good or bad), looks ater our finances etc..
She has really proven herself in the past few years since I became crippled up with Arthritis, Bursitis, and Spinal Stenosis.
Hats off to my best friend and wife!!!!
Hats off to ALL Caregivers in the world. Where would we be without them?Oh-jeez

Why not ask her to join the forum so we can get a brat pack of carers (caregivers) To get a bunch of carers on here can only be a benefit for the sufferers so again calling all carers come in and join us.

Thanks for the kind words Bompa, just make sure she knows how you feel and that she is love and appreciated Thanks

RE: Carers / Caregivers United - Dreamcatcher - 06-02-2012

Is there no carers out there Thinking-about A Quick hello would be a start Coffee