Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Energy burst - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Energy burst (/Thread-Energy-burst)

Pages: 1 2

Energy burst - Dagmar - 10-01-2015

After almost two months of therapy I now seem to have moved into a new phase. Phase 1 was feeling more awake in the mornings, phase 2 is I have a lot more energy. My wife is quite amazed at all the work I've done around the house. She actually was a little skeptical of what my motives might be. Without her amazed reaction I may not have even noticed my increased energy level. I'm really appreciating therapy and everyone here who helped!

RE: Energy burst - OpalRose - 10-01-2015

Dagmar,
That's great news!
Bouncy

RE: Energy burst - trish6hundred - 10-01-2015

Hi Dagmar,
It's great to hear your progress with your CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.

RE: Energy burst - DariaVader - 10-01-2015

hey, awesome!

Way-to-happy

RE: Energy burst - zonk - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 07:44 PM)Dagmar Wrote: My wife is quite amazed at all the work I've done around the house.
Take it easy, don't be too enthusiastic
House work is never ending

RE: Energy burst - DariaVader - 10-01-2015

(10-01-2015, 10:39 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-01-2015, 07:44 PM)Dagmar Wrote: My wife is quite amazed at all the work I've done around the house.
Take it easy, don't be too enthusiastic
House work is never ending

ummmm... don't damp him down, when he is done at home he can come over to mine Bigwink

RE: Energy burst - Dagmar - 10-02-2015

Lol, thanks! I've been tree trimming, pruning bushes, and moving furniture. Smile

RE: Energy burst - cate1898 - 10-02-2015

Lucky you Dagmar! How long were you on CPAP therapy before each of these changes occurred?

RE: Energy burst - Dagmar - 10-02-2015

(10-02-2015, 08:08 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Lucky you Dagmar! How long were you on CPAP therapy before each of these changes occurred?

Great question cate1898!

First, I'll say that I hated my sleep study and found it nearly impossible to sleep so I was a little unsure about starting CPAP therapy but at the same time felt like something had to change. Prior to therapy I was feeling exhausted especially in the morning. I would get to work and take an hour before getting my cup of coffee. I was just feeling too tired even to do that. I would do my job but had no energy for much extra. Now, I still feel a bit tired in the morning especially if I don't go to bed on time but I get to work, brew my coffee, and feel "like a normal person" and not overly tired. That change happened right away or at least within the first day or two. It was noticeable enough for me to feel and see the change. As a result, I look forward to using CPAP at night.

The second change which I didn't really notice but my wife did, having more energy in general, happened about six weeks after therapy. Once she mentioned the change, I became aware of it. She's pretty impressed that I'm now looking for extra things to do around the house and taking on projects that I would never have taken on in the resent past. I find it especially interesting because my pre-treatment AHI was only 10.4.

The changes after starting CPAP therapy can be subtle for some people but I believe that at the molecular level things must be changing even if we don't know it. For people that have not noticed a change, I would say have faith and stay with it!

-hope this help!

RE: Energy burst - cate1898 - 10-02-2015

Yay! There's hope at the end of the rainbow!!

I am happy for you Dagmar (and for your wife too!) Congrats