Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
No display Phillips Respironics system one - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: No display Phillips Respironics system one (/Thread-No-display-Phillips-Respironics-system-one)

No display Phillips Respironics system one - Chopedluke - 10-04-2015

My display is aways blank on my Phillips system one machine. The back light comes on but no words are shown. I want to be able to look at setting but cant. I am suspecting this was locked after I purchased it, because I did see the menu during the demo. How do I get the words to appear?

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - DocWils - 10-04-2015

? impossible, methinks that that can happens, but press the big button and the little triangle button together for five seconds, and your configuration menu should come up, and you can lock or unlock everything from there - if it doesn't, then something is seriously wrong with your machine.

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - Chopedluke - 10-04-2015

Yes I seen that it a you tube video also. When I press those two buttons the backlight comes on, and I hear a beep, but no words at all. I was just curious if it was locked somehow, or something was broken.

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - DocWils - 10-04-2015

If you don't push the buttons do you get a display, or not? If you never have anything on the display at all, then something is wrong, plain and simple - even a locked device will display basic info, and four sections in the main display - therapy, settings, info and AFlex or Cflex. These are basic patient mode displays, and if they don't show, it is not due to any DME locking. Take it back for servicing in that case.

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - Sleeprider - 10-04-2015

Sounds like a bad display. If you're not under warranty with the DME you might want to inquire about repair costs at Supplier #27.

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - zonk - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 12:21 PM)Chopedluke Wrote: I was just curious if it was locked somehow, or something was broken.
I say broken, just checked, there is no such setting in the clinical menu
Take the machine back, ask for replacement or refund, where did you get the machine from?

You might try unplugging the machine and plugging it back in if you have not done so already
Inspect the power supply cord and pushed in the back of the machine

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - trish6hundred - 10-04-2015

Hi Chopedluke,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you haven’t had your machine that long, you might take it back to the place where you got it.
Good luck to you with getting your machine problem straightened out.

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - archangle - 10-04-2015

There's no configuration that blanks the display. There might be one to turn off the light, but I'm not sure.

The display on PRS1 is really awful. It can be hard to read in some light conditions and at certain angles. Look at it in a well lit room, and move around and look at it at different angles. Probably not your problem, but worth checking.

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - OpalRose - 10-04-2015

The only lights can that be turned off is the humidifier and ramp light.

If you haven't yet tried to reset the machine, unplug unit, wait a few minutes and plug back in.

If display still is not lit, then I would return the machine.

RE: No display Phillips Respironics system one - SideSleeper - 10-25-2015

Did anything happen when you turned the dial? Pressing it turns the machine on and off. I have no backlight until I turn the dial and select the proper section I want to open. Did you read your manual?