Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter (/Thread-Questions-about-CMS50D-Pulse-Oximeter)

Pages: 1 2

Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - Jim Bronson - 10-18-2015

I recorded some data last night, and now I'm trying to upload it. The program that comes with the device doesn't see the data at all, and SH tries to upload but won't upload with out selecting "Upload Data" from the device. I can't find this menu item. There are only three items: "Alarm", "Record off", and "Exit". Also, as long as the USB cable is plugged in I receive a "Low batteries" warning. I don't get this alarm when it is unplugged.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

RE: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - PoolQ - 10-18-2015

I have one of those.
The USB cable that it uses is NOT a standard one. THe one that comes with it has a plastic clip on it.
The menu that says "record off" means that you are still recording! (oops I got that wrong, it is NOT recording) turn the recording off and leave it in those menus to have it talk to your computer

RE: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - PaulaO2 - 10-18-2015

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=SpO2_software

RE: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - Jim Bronson - 10-18-2015

OKthanks. I didn't see the SpO2 Review application on the disk. I'll check again and try to upload.

RE: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - pattim - 12-12-2015

(10-18-2015, 06:21 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: OKthanks. I didn't see the SpO2 Review application on the disk. I'll check again and try to upload.

I just got this working. When you install the software from the enclosed CD, it will install two apps, by default with links on the desktop. You turn on the unit and hold the button to go to the first menu (make sure Recording is Off). That's when you plug it in with the USB and start the Review software. You can do a search and it should find it. There's a button at the bottom of the application's screen for fetching the data from the unit.

Unfortunately, all you can do is print the data, it doesn't seem to be able to export the data into a decent format, like a PDF file... OXPS is essentially useless. If anyone has a fix for this, please pass it along...

Patricia

RE: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - Crimson Nape - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 01:06 PM)pattim Wrote: Unfortunately, all you can do is print the data, it doesn't seem to be able to export the data into a decent format, like a PDF file... OXPS is essentially useless. If anyone has a fix for this, please pass it along...

What file extensions are you seeing?

The download should produce 3 files for each recorded session. The file extensions are: .SpO2, .csv, and a .txt file. The SpO2 file can be imported into SleepyHead if you're so inclined. The .csv (Comma Separated Variable) file can be reviewed in a spreadsheet program like, Excel or Spreadsheet in LibreOffice or OpenOffice. The text file only stores any header/title data that you input into it in the SpO2 Assistant program. So, the text file is essentially worthless.

I hope this may help.

Ooo, that would really be nice. But the files are hidden. I am working under Win8 and can't seem to unhide them, although the software sees them. I didn't see .csv or .txt files, but I'll look again. Are those files created upon download or exported using the Review software? Do you know how to unhide the files in Win8? I found how to do it only in Win7 Oh-jeez

(12-12-2015, 02:16 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 01:06 PM)pattim Wrote: Unfortunately, all you can do is print the data, it doesn't seem to be able to export the data into a decent format, like a PDF file... OXPS is essentially useless. If anyone has a fix for this, please pass it along...

What file extensions are you seeing?

The download should produce 3 files for each recorded session. The file extensions are: .SpO2, .csv, and a .txt file. The SpO2 file can be imported into SleepyHead if you're so inclined. The .csv (Comma Separated Variable) file can be reviewed in a spreadsheet program like, Excel or Spreadsheet in LibreOffice or OpenOffice. The text file only stores any header/title data that you input into it in the SpO2 Assistant program. So, the text file is essentially worthless.

I hope this may help.

RE: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - PaulaO2 - 12-12-2015

Here is how you see the files:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=SpO2_software#Viewing_the_Saved_Data

(12-12-2015, 07:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Here is how you see the files:
(removed link because it won't let me post otherwise...)

Thanks, sort of found that finally. Now I can see the files while in the software setting the data directory, including a .csv file, but all are still hidden and protected (in Win8) and I don't know how to make them visible or accessible to me. The instructions are for Win7, and Win8 seems different...

RE: Questions about CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter - Crimson Nape - 12-12-2015

Are you listed as the administrator on this computer? If so, here is a registry mod that will allow you to take ownership. It will give you an added option of "Take Ownership" when you right click on a file or directory. This instruction set works for Windows 7 and 8.

Copy the code into Notepad and name the file something like "TakeOwnership.reg" Then merge it into your registry. Do NOT try and take ownership of your C:\ drive! . . just the directory or file(s) you have a permission problem with.

Here is the code:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t"

-Good Luck!