Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Hose Holder - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Hose Holder (/Thread-Hose-Holder)

Hose Holder - glennaudette - 10-20-2015

I'm new to posting in this forum so bare with me. I'm a side sleeper and have a ResMed Autoset S9, nose pillow, and heated hose.
My problem was very time I turned over to the other side, I would wake up and move the hose over to the other side of pillow (I do this many, many times each night). Therefore I made a hose holder to help with this problem. I made it from 1/2 pvc pipe and placed it between the mattress. I think it helps but looks very ugly.
Anyone else use this kind of hose holder? Any suggestions on improvements? This thing seems big and clunky to me but there must be a way to improve it. The one's on the internet seem expensive to me at $50 or more. I built mine for about $12.
Thanks.

RE: Hose Holder - justMongo - 10-20-2015

Welcome

Most people improvise as you have. If it works, keep it.

RE: Hose Holder - sptrout - 10-20-2015

I use an old, otherwise unused, IV pole. Sad story on how we came to have an IV pole in the house, but it works great. It is on wheels so I just roll it up to the bed at night, then roll in back around to the side of the lamp table during the day. The hose is lightly tie-wrapped at the top and the height of the pole is adjustable. I use it with a pillow mask, but see no reason that it would not work with any mask.

RE: Hose Holder - DariaVader - 10-20-2015

At home, i use a cheapo hose hanger i got from amazon -- cost < $8. The base fits between mattress and box spring and the pole goes up a couple feet and has a stretchy loop to put the hose thru. It aint beautiful, but it works. In my lake cabin, I have a mission style bed frame and the headboard has a hole I can easily pass the hose thru. I actually like that better!

RE: Hose Holder - trish6hundred - 10-20-2015

Hi glennaudette,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I bought a hose lift from one of the suppliers on the suppliers list, here on this board at the top of each page.
I only spent $29 for it, but if you like the one you made, keep using it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Hose Holder - AlanE - 10-20-2015

I went the mucho dinero route and bought the hose buddy. I like the PVC idea though. join two vertical pieces together with a fitting but don't glue (weld) the top piece to the fitting. allow it to swing back and forth. So when you roll over it moves with you. Thinking-about

RE: Hose Holder - glennaudette - 10-26-2015

All,
Thanks for the replies. I first thought that I'd see how it worked by not gluing anything together. This seems to work ok, so I left it that way. Very easy to build, a couple of 90 degree elbows, a tee, a 45 degree and an end cap.

Again, thanks for the replies.