Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Massage Table - face in cradle - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Massage Table - face in cradle (/Thread-Massage-Table-face-in-cradle)

Massage Table - face in cradle - DariaVader - 10-21-2015

I used to have a massage table - loaned to me for several years by a masseuse friend before she finally came and took it back. Before I ever knew anything about sleep apnea, I used to nap on it when I had a headache and get the most restful sleep and many times complete relief from the headache.

I was always a tummy sleeper as a child and only moved to side sleeping during pregnancies, and that has persisted. I cant get comfy on my tummy without smothering myself!

Now I am thinking that sleeping face down with my head in a cradle may actually provide airway restriction relief and that this accounts for those awesome naps. Thinking of justifying the purchase of one for power outages instead of futzing with batteries...

Anyone have any apnea relevant opinions about tummy sleeping in general and sleeping on a massage table in particular?

RE: Massage Table - face in cradle - kaiasgram - 10-21-2015

I've thought about this too. I think the obstacle for me with the face cradle would be that usually about 30-40 minutes into a massage I start getting nasal stuffiness and by the end of the massage I'm mouth breathing because I can no longer breathe through my nose. So a.m. cradle-dents in my face aside, I doubt I could get through the night that way.

I also tried the "falcon" sleeping position (look up Eric Falcon M.D.) which is apparently one way to stomach-sleep. I tried it one night at a hotel when the power went out and I wish I had a video of me trying to arrange pillows and position myself like that, and actually sleep. Hiilarious! I couldn't do it but more power to those who can. Smile

RE: Massage Table - face in cradle - DariaVader - 10-21-2015

I too get stuffy. I am thinking of ways to live if the Cascadia Subduction Zone blows and all Oregon is without power for 3 years Big Grin

RE: Massage Table - face in cradle - Barbz - 10-21-2015

I too, always slept on my tummy, actually in the Falcon position...then babies came. Some how I became a back sleeper. Lumbar issues were the main reason. Wonder if I could some how get those pillows just right...Thinking-about

RE: Massage Table - face in cradle - zonk - 10-21-2015

Me too
[Image: sleepingposmaskright1b.jpg]

RE: Massage Table - face in cradle - Barbz - 10-21-2015

Dang...had to try for old times sake! Sad. Immediately my post nasal drip had me gagging. Another reason to sleep on my back...bummer. Plus I use the Oracle and that means DROOLING! Oh-jeez

RE: Massage Table - face in cradle - DariaVader - 10-21-2015

i have tried to do the falcon with my p10 on and i just cannot! neck hurts too bad to twist it that way. sigh.

RE: Massage Table - face in cradle - OMyMyOHellYes - 10-22-2015

I didn't know it but all these years, I spent my time Falcon sleeping!

Supine would be preferred for me, but sometimes I just don't fall asleep inn that position, and back to Falcon I go.

OMMOHY

RE: Massage Table - face in cradle - OMyMyOHellYes - 10-22-2015

I spend thrity minutes face down on a massage table with my head in a cradle, and I have a snoot full o' snot.

OMMOHY