Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
First zero leak night - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: First zero leak night (/Thread-First-zero-leak-night)

First zero leak night - GrammaBear - 10-25-2015

After having cpap for 6 years I noticed this morning that last night was a '0' leak night for me. I realize this isn't a big deal, but wondered if this happens to other people on a regular basis? I've increased the humidity and lowered the temperature just a bit for comfort.

RE: First zero leak night - cate1898 - 10-25-2015

Congrats GrammaBear! Was changing the temperature and humidity the only changes you made?

RE: First zero leak night - GrammaBear - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 09:12 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Congrats GrammaBear! Was changing the temperature and humidity the only changes you made?

Yes, and I only made those changes because lately I've been having nosebleeds during the night. My husband said "Maybe you need more humidity at night now that we have turned on the heat in the house and it dries out the room air." I actually prefer sleeping in a cool room anyway and IF I had my way (which I don't) ....I would have the window open a little bit just so it stayed cool.

RE: First zero leak night - trish6hundred - 10-25-2015

Hi GrammaBear,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your 0 leaks night.
It’s good that you changed your humidity settings to help stop your nose bleeds. Before I started CPAP, I used to have nose bleeds all the time in the winter because of the dry heat. After CPAP, they are a thing of the past, YAHOO.! I hope you have the same results I have had.

RE: First zero leak night - GrammaBear - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 11:22 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi GrammaBear,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your 0 leaks night.
It’s good that you changed your humidity settings to help stop your nose bleeds. Before I started CPAP, I used to have nose bleeds all the time in the winter because of the dry heat. After CPAP, they are a thing of the past, YAHOO.! I hope you have the same results I have had.

Thanks Trish. I would much rather change the settings on my cpap machine than to have to launder bed linens from having a nosebleed.....guess that means I'm a bit lazy???

RE: First zero leak night - zonk - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 07:59 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: I realize this isn't a big deal, but wondered if this happens to other people on a regular basis?
On some occasion, I had zero shows on the machine sleep report (is that what you're referring), can happen but not much to dwell on
In general, I can sleep through leaks but cannot tolerate leaks (large or small) disturb my sleep or comes close my eyes ... YMMV

RE: First zero leak night - PaytonA - 10-25-2015

I believe that Gramma is talking about median=0 and 95%=0