Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Heated Hose - Working? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Heated Hose - Working? (/Thread-Heated-Hose-Working)

Pages: 1 2

Heated Hose - Working? - TomKriek - 10-27-2015

How do I tell if my AirSense heated hose is working or not. Our bedroom is kept pretty cool and it isn't cold but also doesn't feel warm to the touch. Is it pretty subtle or should it feel pretty warm?

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - justMongo - 10-27-2015

It's only a few Watts spread over the length of the hose. It's intended to slightly warm the inside of the hose to prevent "rainout."
So, no, it should not be "pretty warm" as felt from the outside.

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - Sleeprider - 10-27-2015

I have always used a hose cover on a heated tube, and it stays a bit warmer. Otherwise, as long as you don't have condensation, it's probably working fine.

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - trish6hundred - 10-27-2015

Hi TomKriek,
It’s suttle, to me, it feels lukewarm.
You don’t have to do this, but, )like Sleepridder,) I too, use a hose cover on my heated hose because I like something soft instead of the plastic and it doesn’t interfere with it.

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - Possum - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 09:34 AM)TomKriek Wrote: How do I tell if my AirSense heated hose is working or not. Our bedroom is kept pretty cool and it isn't cold but also doesn't feel warm to the touch. Is it pretty subtle or should it feel pretty warm?

I've often wondered the same thing - even when I have the hose temperature at its max (86 F), it doesn't feel warm. I also use ResMed's blue 6'6" hose cover with the zipper, designed for the ClimateLine Air hose. Even with the cover and heated hose, though, I STILL get rainout sometimes because I like to sleep in a cold room (< 66 F). Whenever I use the Climate Control "Auto" setting, I rarely get rainout because that's exact what that setting is designed to do. In the drier months and/or when I have sinus issues I turn up both the humidity and hose temperature settings (you have to make the air warmer so that it will hold more humidity without precipitation - i.e. rainout). As soon as you remove the automatic climate control, be prepared to wake up occasionally with a tube full of water, and/or water drops tickling your face under your mask. Sad

Anyway, to address your original question, the heat in the hose is subtle, but it's most likely working. If you have a faulty hose, the machine is designed to error out.

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - DariaVader - 10-27-2015

mine feels warm. i do have it maxxed, and the room temp is fairly cool.

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - justMongo - 10-27-2015

I believe the machine would give a fault code if the climateline hose was connected but defective.

Or, if you have a Digital Multimeter (DVM), you could check the resistance among the 3 pins on the hose.
See post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-S9-Autoset-climateline-technical-question?pid=103538#pid103538

Deepbreathing took some measurements back in March.

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - zonk - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 09:34 AM)TomKriek Wrote: How do I tell if my AirSense heated hose is working or not. Our bedroom is kept pretty cool and it isn't cold but also doesn't feel warm to the touch. Is it pretty subtle or should it feel pretty warm?
The proof of the pudding is in the eating - no sore throat, stuffy or runny nose, etc... means you hit sweet spot
1- When the heated hose connected (might need a bit of a push to click in place), message display briefly on the screen and say
"ClimateLineAir Connected"
2- Smiley face icon indicate the humidifier is working as intended
3- Warm-up mode
4- heating and cooling icon

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - TomKriek - 10-27-2015

You are all great! Thank you for the prompt response. I sense that parts of the hose are slightly warm, so it must be working. Tom

RE: Heated Hose - Working? - Reuven Gruber - 10-28-2015

Set the tube temperature to its maximum setting. In a cold bedroom the tube should feel noticeably warm to the touch a minute or two after turning on