Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP (/Thread-SleepyHead-and-DreamStation-Auto-CPAP)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - Jimsp1 - 10-28-2015

I tried to use SleepyHead with my DreamStation Auto CPAP machine but keep getting this message “Couldn't find any valid machine data at F:\”. Does this mean that SleepyHead doesn't support this machine? If so, is there other software that I could use?

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - SuperSleeper - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 08:41 AM)Jimsp1 Wrote: I tried to use SleepyHead with my DreamStation Auto CPAP machine but keep getting this message “Couldn't find any valid machine data at F:\”. Does this mean that SleepyHead doesn't support this machine? If so, is there other software that I could use?

SleepyHead does not yet support the DreamStation machines. Perhaps in a future release, it will. Not sure when a new release will be forthcoming. Hopefully soon.

I'm pretty sure the Philips-Respironics software (EncoreBasic) doesn't support the DreamStation machines either, but you can try it and see (go here to get instructions on how to receive the software).

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - rleamon - 10-30-2015

New member and new to CPAP -- I have the DreamStation Auto as well and am bummed there's no SleepyHead compatibility (yet)... What's the best way to encourage the developer to update? Thanks!

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - SuperSleeper - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 02:12 PM)rleamon Wrote: New member and new to CPAP -- I have the DreamStation Auto as well and am bummed there's no SleepyHead compatibility (yet)... What's the best way to encourage the developer to update? Thanks!

Tell him you'll give him a nice, juicy donation once the Dreamstation machines are fully supported. That would do it for me if I were a developer. Bigwink Too-funny

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - Ghost1958 - 10-30-2015

Uhhh if no software supports it how do DME or Docs check anything?

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - SuperSleeper - 10-31-2015

(10-30-2015, 10:20 PM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Uhhh if no software supports it how do DME or Docs check anything?

Well, there probably is a copy of the Encore software that now supports it, but you have to be a DME to get a copy of that software... Thinking-about

That's one of the reasons people around here are trying to get an updated copy of EncoreBasic that will support the newer machines.

Eat-popcorn

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - archangle - 10-31-2015

The internet/cell phone based "wireless" service does have a version that works.

I'm not 100% sure that the old version of Encore doesn't work but I presume it doesn't.

Send me a copy of your SD card if you're willing and I'll double check that it isn't supported.

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - SuperSleeper - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 08:41 AM)archangle Wrote: The internet/cell phone based "wireless" service does have a version that works.

Arch, could you expound on this? Are you saying that there is a way to get the current version of SleepyHead to work with the DreamStation machines somehow? If so, how?

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - Jimsp1 - 10-31-2015

I did try the older version on Encore and got the message "media is not for an Encore Patient"

RE: SleepyHead and DreamStation Auto CPAP - archangle - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 09:11 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 08:41 AM)archangle Wrote: The internet/cell phone based "wireless" service does have a version that works.

Arch, could you expound on this? Are you saying that there is a way to get the current version of SleepyHead to work with the DreamStation machines somehow? If so, how?

I was going to see if the old version of Encore worked with it. I wasn't expecting SH to work with it.

I'd still like to see an image of a Dreamstation SD card, but don't expect to be able to do much with it. You can go change the model number in the properties.txt file of the card image and SH might try to work on it, but the data will probably not be very meaningful.