Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
PR DreamStation question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: PR DreamStation question (/Thread-PR-DreamStation-question)

Pages: 1 2

PR DreamStation question - Singsop - 11-06-2015

I have been using my new DME-supplied auto Dream Station for two weeks now. When I go to look at the clinician menu, some things are grayed out, like mode. The snarky RRT said something about locking things down. Anyone know how to bypass her lock? I don't see anything in the clinician manual about such. Is she blowing smoke or am I missing something?

it is not a huge deal, but I am a geek about such things and like to look around. Especially once SleepyHead works for this machine!Thanks

RE: PR DreamStation question - OpalRose - 11-06-2015

Are you sure you have a clinicians manual? The Manual that comes with the machine is not a clinicians manual.

See top of this page....CPAP Setup Manuals....order through email.

RE: PR DreamStation question - eseedhouse - 11-06-2015

According to the info on this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

"Once the device is powered, press and hold both the control dial and the Ramp button on the device for at least 5 seconds. You are now in Provider Mode. To adjust a setting, rotate the control dial to your desired menu option, then press the control dial to select that setting. Rotate the control dial to change the setting. Press the control dial again to save the change. Select the "Home" icon to exit Provider Mode and return to Patient Mode"

I would not deal with a provider that wouldn't give me this information up front. Fortunately mine did and doesn't mind my adjusting the machine. Of course, you might not have had a choice, but I think a DME supplier that doesn't like you adjusting your own machine is treating you like a child, and since I am, at least theoretically, all grown up now, I would make a fuss and threaten to take my business elsewhere.

RE: PR DreamStation question - trish6hundred - 11-06-2015

Hi Singsop,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: PR DreamStation question - Singsop - 11-06-2015

I do have the provider manual and do get into the settings by pressing the ramp and the selector dial for a number of seconds.

That is why I am so puzzled by the grayed out items under therapy settings. There is no way I can see to change from CPAP to auto mode, and it definitely is an auto machine.

There is only one DME available to me through my insurance, otherwise I pay cash with virtually no reimbursement.

May have to wait and ask the MD about it in a couple of months when I see him. He is known for working with his patients, that is one reason I was willing to wait for an appointment to see him instead of my primary doc who originally ordered this. She was unwilling to do any more than just rotely order exactly what the study doc recommended.

I have made my living by reading and using technical manuals!

RE: PR DreamStation question - zonk - 11-07-2015

(11-06-2015, 09:27 PM)Singsop Wrote: That is why I am so puzzled by the grayed out items under therapy settings. There is no way I can see to change from CPAP to auto mode, and it definitely is an auto machine.
Maybe, they done something to the SD card
Remove the SD card and checked it out ...

RE: PR DreamStation question - zzzzuser - 11-07-2015

I just got my Dreamstation today, and while in clinician mode I can change the mode to auto or cpap. Nothing is greyed out in my case.

RE: PR DreamStation question - cate1898 - 11-07-2015

Welcome to our little forum Singsop!!

I am wondering why this doctor only allows one DME? Kickbacks?

RE: PR DreamStation question - Singsop - 11-10-2015

(11-07-2015, 03:56 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Welcome to our little forum Singsop!!

It is not the doctor, but the insurance that only has one DME for CPAP. Don't know why. Our firm is self-insured, and at least the DME is not one of the ones so often panned in the forums.

RE: PR DreamStation question - esrepairman - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 12:40 AM)Singsop Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 03:56 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Welcome to our little forum Singsop!!

It is not the doctor, but the insurance that only has one DME for CPAP. Don't know why. Our firm is self-insured, and at least the DME is not one of the ones so often panned in the forums.

You have the right as a patient to choose any DME you choose. What insurance is that?