Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Hose Cover - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Hose Cover (/Thread-Hose-Cover--11579)

Hose Cover - Starrbelie - 11-08-2015

Anyone know of a supplier that has hose covers that don't have a zipper running the length of them? I recently rescued two Bengals and one of them loves to play with my CPAP hose. I'm working on training her not to but in the meantime I thought a cover would prevent her from putting another hole in it. I ordered one not realizing it had a zipper, not that I would have thought about the problem it has caused, though. The zipper has reduced the flexibility of my hose. I had finally worked out a system for hose placement that I didn't have to fight with all night long. Now, I'm back to square one.

Thanks! Thanks
Starr

RE: Hose Cover - zonk - 11-08-2015

I haven't seen one without zipper. Way back, I made a hose cover from some old flannelette sheets cut to size, stitched it up using thread and needle, sewing machine would make the job easier

RE: Hose Cover - big_dave - 11-08-2015

Search eBay for "CPAP hose cover". I used a zipperless hose cover before I started using a heated hose. I think the seller was making them at home.

RE: Hose Cover - OpalRose - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: Anyone know of a supplier that has hose covers that don't have a zipper running the length of them? I recently rescued two Bengals and one of them loves to play with my CPAP hose. I'm working on training her not to but in the meantime I thought a cover would prevent her from putting another hole in it. I ordered one not realizing it had a zipper, not that I would have thought about the problem it has caused, though. The zipper has reduced the flexibility of my hose. I had finally worked out a system for hose placement that I didn't have to fight with all night long. Now, I'm back to square one.

Thanks! Thanks
Starr

Google CPAP hose covers. There are a few sites that sell them without zippers.

RE: Hose Cover - Sleeprider - 11-08-2015

I use a cover called Snugglehose from Supplier #1. Fleece cover with no zipper. It is easy to insert the hose through the cover if you cover the hose end with a slippery plastic (like packaging) so the rubber end slips through. These are washable and I've been using similar products for over 7-years.

Edit: Looking at the site, I see both a zippered and slip-on design. The slip-on is less expensive.

RE: Hose Cover - angiessa - 11-08-2015

You can search Amazon for "SnuggleHose" too - that's where I got mine. No zipper.

RE: Hose Cover - parkerdt - 11-08-2015

(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: I recently rescued two Bengals...
Starr

Congrats on the rescue, but Wow you have tigers sleeping with you? Braver than I - I just have Pointers and Retrievers! Smile

Dave

RE: Hose Cover - cate1898 - 11-10-2015

Hi Starrbelie

Coincidentally I just ordered one earlier today from Amazon. It is a Philips Respironics brand name soft material (not sure exactly what material), no zipper, 6' hose cover for just $10.99 USD.

RE: Hose Cover - Starrbelie - 11-11-2015

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check them out!

(11-08-2015, 08:27 PM)parkerdt Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Starrbelie Wrote: I recently rescued two Bengals...
Starr

Congrats on the rescue, but Wow you have tigers sleeping with you? Braver than I - I just have Pointers and Retrievers! Smile

Dave

Dave,
Not tigers only Asian Leopard Cats! LOL! They are super sweet! I have only gotten one small scratch in the 6 weeks I've had them. They act more like dogs than cats! I've actually started clicker training them! Oh and I have Retrievers, too!