Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration (/Thread-Finished-First-Night-of-CPAP-Titration)

Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - linn - 11-10-2015

I finished the first night of titration and I slept very deeply. In fact, since I started CPAP - my body seems to want to sleep all the time now.

The machine makes me sleep far more deeply and I'm not getting up all night to use the washroom like I was before. I believe that this is working...but it is difficult to get used to. I feel different - My brain and body almost feels shocked or jolted by the amount of oxygen it's getting.

I had dreams and I remember some of them - I'm not having panic attacks all night anymore. The mask is a bit claustrophobic - it's strange that something that is giving you air can make you feel a bit like you are suffocating.

I am using the the titration machine and the Fisher & Paykel Eson nasal mask (temporarily) My auto range is 5-20 and I can't access the data yet.

I won't give up - I can't go back to the way the way I was before. I felt like I was dying. Would love to hear feedback or encouragement - what can I expect in the next few weeks?

RE: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - DumfriesDik - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 08:15 AM)linn Wrote: The mask is a bit claustrophobic - it's strange that something that is giving you air can make you feel a bit like you are suffocating.

Well done on getting on so well at the beginning. I remember when I first started with a CPAP, I struggled with the mask. But after a few months I got used to it and now a few years on, its second nature.

I guess the one thing I have found out on this forum is that we are all different and outcomes will also not be the same for individuals.

But it sounds like you are on to a winner, best of luck.

RE: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - linn - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 09:13 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 08:15 AM)linn Wrote: The mask is a bit claustrophobic - it's strange that something that is giving you air can make you feel a bit like you are suffocating.

Well done on getting on so well at the beginning. I remember when I first started with a CPAP, I struggled with the mask. But after a few months I got used to it and now a few years on, its second nature.

I guess the one thing I have found out on this forum is that we are all different and outcomes will also not be the same for individuals.

But it sounds like you are on to a winner, best of luck.

Thank you :-) I can't wait until this becomes second nature

RE: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - CHanlon - 11-10-2015

Just a point, you said you felt like you were dying. You were. :-)

I remember my first few months on cpap.. Even the first day. I woke up after the first 9.5 hour undisturbed sleep id had in as long as I could remember, and felt 10 years younger. The fog lifted, I could think again, want falling asleep at my desk by 10 am, could make it through a conversation without nodding... And I could remember things again!

RE: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - trish6hundred - 11-10-2015

Hi Linn,
I know this takes some time to get used to, but just stick with it, it does get better over time.

Hang in there for more responses to your post and Much success to you with your titration and your CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.

RE: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - linn - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 08:50 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Linn,
I know this takes some time to get used to, but just stick with it, it does get better over time.

Hang in there for more responses to your post and Much success to you with your titration and your CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words Trish Smile I'm off to bed Thanks

RE: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - linn - 11-11-2015

(11-10-2015, 08:58 PM)linn Wrote:
(11-10-2015, 08:50 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Linn,

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words Trish Smile I'm off to bed Thanks

I only woke up once last night - I haven't slept this well in 25 years!

RE: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - DumfriesDik - 11-11-2015

Well that sounds like a result! Well done

RE: Finished First Night of CPAP Titration - linn - 11-11-2015

(11-11-2015, 02:24 PM)DumfriesDik Wrote: Well that sounds like a result! Well done

Thanks Smile