Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation (/Thread-Equipment-AirFit-P10-Short-Hose-Cozy-Barrel-Condensation)

AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation - nelamvr6 - 11-11-2015

I like to keep my bedroom nice and cool. This can create problems with condensation, especially from my exhalation.

I have a heated hose, but I recently switched masks to the AirFit P10.

I have barrel cozies on the way from Pad a Cheek, but I'm a little concerned that because of the mask's design the barrel cozy has to cover a lot less of the barrel than with other masks.

I am also considering a short hose cozy, I had one on my Aloha and it really helped with exhalation condensation.

I'm wondering, are there any AirFit P10 users out there who use a short hose cozy? If you use one, does the cozy have a bad effect on the hose's flexibility?

RE: AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation - OpalRose - 11-11-2015

Hi nelamvr6,
I know that some suppliers sell short hose cozys, but I just made my own from a small piece of fleece, cut it to size and tied with ribbon.

It does not affect the hose at all, still moves easily.

RE: AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation - sonicboom - 11-11-2015

I use a snuggle hose and even though it has a zipper I find my hose is still flexible enough for me. I would also set the climate line to auto if you are using one. That will help avoid rainout and condensation.

RE: AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation - trish6hundred - 11-11-2015

Hi nelamvr6,

When I use my P10 mask, I use a cozie and haven’t had any trouble at all, the hose is still flexible with a cozie on it.

RE: AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation - nelamvr6 - 11-12-2015

Thanks for the replies guys!

I have ordered a 10" hose cozy, I think that will be more than enough insulation, while keeping the last 8 inches of the hose unencumbered.

I'll let you guys know how it works out.

RE: AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation - StoopidMonkey81 - 11-17-2015

(11-12-2015, 12:33 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote: Thanks for the replies guys!

I have ordered a 10" hose cozy, I think that will be more than enough insulation, while keeping the last 8 inches of the hose unencumbered.

Any update on how this has been working? I just got a P10 myself so I'm on the hunt for a short cozy. Where did you find it BTW?

RE: AirFit P10 Short Hose Cozy / Barrel Condensation - nelamvr6 - 11-17-2015

(11-17-2015, 03:47 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 12:33 PM)nelamvr6 Wrote: Thanks for the replies guys!

Any update on how this has been working? I just got a P10 myself so I'm on the hunt for a short cozy. Where did you find it BTW?

The cozy I bought was from Pad a Cheek, my first choice for anything cozy related.

I have used it a couple of times, just to see if it made a difference on the flexibility of the P10's hose. It didn't.

But I have mostly not use it, the weather here is still not really cold enough to worry about exhalation condensation yet,