Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Health] Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Health] Depression, sadness in this gloomy season (/Thread-Health-Depression-sadness-in-this-gloomy-season)

Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - SuperSleeper - 11-18-2015

Folks, it's that time of year here in the northern hemisphere... a lot of folks are depressed, sad and gloomy during these short, darkened days of fall & winter...

Make sure you go outside and get some sunshine and exercise. Take some vitamin D if need be. Socialize and talk to friends. Don't let your guard down at this critical time. Decide to be happy. Plan your day accordingly.

Coffee

RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - cate1898 - 11-18-2015

It certainly changes one's outlook this time of year. My kids and I were just talking about the way it seems so much later at say 7:00 pm when it's already been dark for over an hour to when in the spring/summer it's light til about 9:30 and 7pm seems pretty early then. It is kind of depressing when it's dark by 6pm and we've got just over a month of the days still getting shorter.

All good advice SuperSleeper! OK you talked me into it! I'll go for a walk this morning after the sun comes up. I'll probably need a walk as I've been awake since 01:30 with a headache. So great idea, thanks for reminding all of us!!

Dancing and I'll probably need more of this... Coffee

RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - zonk - 11-18-2015

I think, I'll stay indoors and keep cool for the next couple days, forecast 37C and 39C Smile

RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - OpalRose - 11-18-2015

Yep, that's me too. My doctor said my Vitiman D Levels were practically non-existent. Taking supplements now.

I'm going to take my Grandaughter to the park today. We will go for a walk until she decides to climb out of her stroller or it rains.....whatever comes first. Coffee

RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - SuperSleeper - 11-18-2015

(11-18-2015, 05:37 AM)zonk Wrote: I think, I'll stay indoors and keep cool for the next couple days, forecast 37C and 39C Smile

You "down-under" folks will probably need this reminder in about six months.

Too-funny

RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - Tacoma Droner - 11-18-2015

It's impossible for me to stay in the house all day even here in the rainy gloomy Pacific Northwest. Here's why--

[Image: P1010327.jpg]

Really, if you feel housebound -- GET A DOG!

RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - DariaVader - 11-18-2015

pretty pup...

RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - 49er - 11-18-2015

Cat lovers might want to google "Friends of Felines Rescue Center 24/7 Kitty Cam." Does wonders for depression. Smile

49er

RE: Depression, sadness in this gloomy season - eseedhouse - 11-18-2015

I am one of the weird people who actually feel better in the winter months.