Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleeping Positions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleeping Positions (/Thread-Sleeping-Positions)

Sleeping Positions - larrygreg - 11-27-2015

I started something new. Usually I sleep on my right side, using 2 pillows. After returning from a business trip, I decided to sleep using just my one pillow (relatively flat) and sleeping on my left side. I seem to be waking up a little more frequently (only 1 or 2 times) but just wondering if the change in positions was the cause.

What positions/pillows does everyone else use?

RE: Sleeping Positions - zonk - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 02:16 AM)larrygreg Wrote: What positions/pillows does everyone else use?
3 pillows and partial to them, also sleep on my side
Activa LT nasal mask is perfect for side sleepers

It seem everyone tucked-in, can tell, could hear the snoring Smile

RE: Sleeping Positions - DariaVader - 11-27-2015

just bought a new pillow - similar concept to "my pillow" but a better feeling ticking (bamboo/polyester)
"Shredded Memory Foam Pillow with Bamboo Cover - Coop Home Goods - Made in USA - QUEEN" I have slept with it for 3 nights and I am sleeping soooo well!!!!

I sleep exclusively on my side no matter that my left shoulder (preferred side) and right hip hurt badly. when i can get the pain down my
AHI is better, my pressures are lower and I feel way more rested!

RE: Sleeping Positions - cate1898 - 11-27-2015

I predominantly sleep on my side. I use a latex foam pillows (2) and now that I'm trialling the DreamWear mask it's no problem turning over at night as the hose connection is at the top of the headgear.

RE: Sleeping Positions - PollCat - 11-27-2015

I usually try to sleep on my right side, using an extremely soft Sleep Number pillow. However, Greystoke* requires that I sleep on my back so he can sleep between my legs.

* = The cat who must be obeyed.

RE: Sleeping Positions - DumfriesDik - 11-29-2015

I am a predominantly a back sleep and use one thin pillow. If I wake in the early hours I will use a thicker pillow and sleep on my side, but more often than not, wake up on my back!

RE: Sleeping Positions - Homerec130 - 11-29-2015

I sleep all over the place - start out on my back and then swap sides when she who must be obeyed tells me too. I can tell when I am on my back as my AHI is a lot higher. I can also sleep on my stomach for short periods as my head ends up between the pillows. The on my side works best as I can pull the covers over my head when one of the cats come in with his 5 AM feed me.

Homer

RE: Sleeping Positions - zonk - 11-29-2015

(11-29-2015, 03:21 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote: I am a predominantly a back sleep and use one thin pillow.
Your machine have to work a bit harder when sleeping on your back
If possible, sleep on your side

RE: Sleeping Positions - PaulaO2 - 11-29-2015

Lessee.
feather pillow for my head. I fluff or pound it to size as needed.
feather body pillow. Each night I spend the first few minutes pulling out the prickly feathers that have decided to poke through. I paid a good bit of money for it at Bed Bath and Beyond. While it does a good job and is solid to hold its shape, I hate the pricklies.
polyfill body pillow
regular pillow

I sleep predominantly on my back propped up among these pillows. I do sleep on my side whenever I can. I use both body pillows. One from ankle up to about stomach and the other from over my head to about hip. Getting me into bed and comfortable enough for sleep is about a half hour procedure. Longer if the pain is great and I need help.

RE: Sleeping Positions - DumfriesDik - 11-30-2015

(11-29-2015, 11:17 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-29-2015, 03:21 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote: I am a predominantly a back sleep and use one thin pillow.
Your machine have to work a bit harder when sleeping on your back
If possible, sleep on your side

Thanks for that tip, I will try more side sleeping.