Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? (/Thread-Which-is-the-best-Sleep-Apnea-pillow)

Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - okrobie - 12-01-2015

If you Google "CPAP Pillow" you get about a million responses. I know there must be a "Best" pillow out there. What is your favorite, especially for side sleeping to minimize leakage? Thanks, Jim

RE: Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - Crimson Nape - 12-01-2015

This is totally a user subjective topic. As for me. I use a buckwheat and foam pillow manufactured by a fellow in Utah. It's comfortable, adjustable and doesn't allow your head to sink down in it, thus pushing your mask.

RE: Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - AlanE - 12-01-2015

Have that same pillow. it is a nice one.

RE: Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - okrobie - 12-01-2015

I'm anxious to clear up this leakage problem so I went ahead and ordered a [commercial link removed - simply search Amazon for "Science of Sleep SleePAP CPAP Pillow" to get to the product - Admin] It has good reviews especially for clearing up leakage problems. Thanks for the other suggestions. Regards, Jim

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

RE: Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - okrobie - 12-02-2015

Sorry for posting the commercial link. I wasn't thinking.

RE: Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - DumfriesDik - 12-04-2015

(12-02-2015, 12:47 PM)okrobie Wrote: Sorry for posting the commercial link. I wasn't thinking.

Maybe you should get some sleep to help you think more clearly?! Dielaughing

I have been using a very thin pillow for the last two nights and my AHI has halved. I am a back sleeper. But yes, its all very personal, you have to go on a journey to find what works for you.

RE: Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - OpalRose - 12-04-2015

okrobie,
Unfortunately, no one can really say what the "best" pillow is. It's on the same level as choosing a Cpap mask. The drawback is you can't return the dang pillow if you don't like it.

My husband has commented many times about my pillow collection. Oh-jeez
I have spent a lot of $ trying out different "Cpap" pillows.

After about 6 months of that nonsense, I went back to the original pillow I used before Cpap therapy, which is a my pillow.

RE: Which is the best Sleep Apnea pillow? - okrobie - 12-04-2015

Thanks OpalRose, my pillow arrived and it is working pretty well. See the other thread for the complete results.