Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
1st night apap and 83 CA events? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? (/Thread-1st-night-apap-and-83-CA-events)

Pages: 1 2

1st night apap and 83 CA events? - SpeedyD - 12-03-2015

What on earth is going on? I was awake most of the night. I didn't really struggle with the mask. Pressure never went very high yet I registered 83 CA. I did take some deep breaths Rolleyes over the 7:41 hours. I have SH files pulled up. What would you all like to see?

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - cate1898 - 12-03-2015

I've had CA's show up on SH at bedtime before I go to sleep. When I first go to bed I can hear the inhales louder than the exhales and it makes me too conscious of my breathing which then becomes unnatural for whatever reason.

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - OpalRose - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 03:52 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: What on earth is going on? I was awake most of the night. I didn't really struggle with the mask. Pressure never went very high yet I registered 83 CA. I did take some deep breaths Rolleyes over the 7:41 hours. I have SH files pulled up. What would you all like to see?

Take a screen shot of events graph, pressure graph, flow chart, and leak chart.
Also the detail to the left of graphs.

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - zonk - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 03:52 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: I was awake most of the night.
Ignore awake events, they're meaningless. The machine is dumb, cannot tell whether you're awake or asleep
Only events flagged while asleep are the ones that matter

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - SpeedyD - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 04:34 PM)cate1898 Wrote: I've had CA's show up on SH at bedtime before I go to sleep. When I first go to bed I can hear the inhales louder than the exhales and it makes me too conscious of my breathing which then becomes unnatural for whatever reason.

Yes! Yes! Didn't sleep much. Counting sheep turns into counting inhales!
(12-03-2015, 05:27 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 03:52 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: I was awake most of the night.
Ignore awake events, they're meaningless. The machine is dumb, cannot tell whether you're awake or asleep
Only events flagged while asleep are the ones that matter

I agree. How can I tell when I am asleep... ?

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - OpalRose - 12-03-2015

SpeedyD,
Try using some type of white noise, like a fan, or humidifier. Then you won't notice your own breathing so much. Eventually, you get used to it.

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - Sleeprider - 12-03-2015

Could be simply adapting to the new pressure, or it might be CPAP induced complex apnea. About 15% of patients have the problem. Did you have any extended periods where the centrals were not a problem? At about 11 CAI, it sounds like you're just having some normal adjustment difficulty, and this should pass.

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - SpeedyD - 12-03-2015

Let's see if I can post a screenshot.
[attachment=1931]

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - Dagmar - 12-06-2015

(12-03-2015, 04:34 PM)cate1898 Wrote: I've had CA's show up on SH at bedtime before I go to sleep. When I first go to bed I can hear the inhales louder than the exhales and it makes me too conscious of my breathing which then becomes unnatural for whatever reason.

I used to hear my breathing when I used the P10 nasal pillows but with the Wisp I dont. Between the Wisp and a hose cover I have complete silence Smile it's amazing how different the masks are .

RE: 1st night apap and 83 CA events? - SpeedyD - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 08:58 PM)Dagmar Wrote:

I used to hear my breathing when I used the P10 nasal pillows but with the Wisp I dont. Between the Wisp and a hose cover I have complete silence Smile it's amazing how different the masks are .

I've gotten used to the noise so far.