Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Wisp Mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Wisp Mask (/Thread-Wisp-Mask)

Wisp Mask - I_will_never_sleep_again - 12-07-2015

Last night I switched to the Wisp mask and felt like I slept better, only seeing alarm clock maybe 3 times in 8 hours, but no dreams.
I woke up feeling like crap, bags under my eyes.
I went to check My Air website (figuring I must have had a lot of apneas) It said zero events.
Normally I see every hour on the clock, but I do have dreams.
I normally get up 4 times a night to go to bathroom, last nigt only twice.
Any ideas on why I fell worse when I thought I slept better?
I did wake up once with my mouth as dry as a desert, could this cause software to not register events if my mouth was open?

RE: Wisp Mask - app1nag - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 07:55 AM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: Last night I switched to the Wisp mask and felt like I slept better, only seeing alarm clock maybe 3 times in 8 hours, but no dreams.
I went to check My Air website (figuring I must have had a lot of apneas) It said zero events.
I normally get up 4 times a night to go to bathroom, last night only twice.
I did wake up once with my mouth as dry as a desert, could this cause software to not register events if my mouth was open?

I am also using the WISP and just posted a similar question regarding open mouth, large leaks, but low AHI events. I will defer to the experts on this subject.

However, regarding dry mouth, increasing the humidity level to 7 definitely decreased the dryness in my mouth. I had it set to AUTO and was very dry (AUTO chose level 4). I went straight to the max which is 8 (on my machine) and got water droplets in the mask. 7 seemed to work for me.

RE: Wisp Mask - Mutineer - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 07:55 AM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: Last night I switched to the Wisp mask and felt like I slept better, only seeing alarm clock maybe 3 times in 8 hours, but no dreams.
I normally get up 4 times a night to go to bathroom, last nigt only twice.

I've been using the Wisp for over 12 months after trying numerous others, not the most comfortable of all the masks I tried but far and away the best results are achieved with it......don't think I'll be changing anytime soon though I'm keen to give the new Dreamwear mask a try if only because it's so different from all the others.

Sounds like a chinstrap might be the answer to your dry mouth situation, I've found the Seatec chinstrap works well for me.

RE: Wisp Mask - parkerdt - 12-07-2015

One night on a new mask does not make a trend. Just sayin' Smile

Go for a week and see how you do. Take a few days off and return. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Took me a month to get used to my WISP, and now, you can't have it back. Smile

Dave

RE: Wisp Mask - sonicboom - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 07:55 AM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: I woke up feeling like crap, bags under my eyes.
I went to check My Air website (figuring I must have had a lot of apneas)

If you are willing post some SH screenshots of your graphs/data and we can see what might explain why you feel the way you do with low AHI. I suspect you are having RERAs which are not included in the AHI calculation.

RE: Wisp Mask - I_will_never_sleep_again - 12-08-2015

(12-07-2015, 08:48 PM)sonicboom Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 07:55 AM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: I woke up feeling like crap, bags under my eyes.
I went to check My Air website (figuring I must have had a lot of apneas)

If you are willing post some SH screenshots of your graphs/data and we can see what might explain why you feel the way you do with low AHI. I suspect you are having RERAs which are not included in the AHI calculation.
I am trying, but it won't let me.
What is the best way to get a full screen shot of SH, or is it possible?

RE: Wisp Mask - DariaVader - 12-08-2015

on windows???
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/take-screen-capture-print-screen#take-screen-capture-print-screen=windows-8

RE: Wisp Mask - I_will_never_sleep_again - 12-08-2015

[attachment=1946][attachment=1945][attachment=1947]
(12-08-2015, 12:23 AM)DariaVader Wrote: on windows???
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/take-screen-capture-print-screen#take-screen-capture-print-screen=windows-8

Didn't realize I had to delete old attachment

RE: Wisp Mask - DumfriesDik - 12-08-2015

I am not convinced that the AHI number and good sleep correlate with each other. Like you my lowest AHI did not coincide with the best night sleep. Last night for example, I slept well, but the AHI was the highest its ever been.

RE: Wisp Mask - eseedhouse - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 02:24 AM)DumfriesDik Wrote: I am not convinced that the AHI number and good sleep correlate with each other. Like you my lowest AHI did not coincide with the best night sleep. Last night for example, I slept well, but the AHI was the highest its ever been.

AHI is not a measure of how good you sleep. It is just a measure of how many times an hour you either stopped breathing or breathed very shallowly. It does not take into account the length of time each event lasted. You could have only one event in your entire sleep period but if it lasted 10 minutes you'd almost certainly be dead but your last night would have had a very low AHI measurement. I am of course exaggerating for effect. But that's why you should use something like sleepyhead which also shows you your total time in apnea. It's quite possible that you could spend more time not breathing with a low AHI and less time not breathing with a higher AHI.

AHI is a useful measure but it is far from a perfect one.