Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Broke my mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Broke my mask (/Thread-Broke-my-mask)

Broke my mask - OMyMyOHellYes - 12-07-2015

Well, I finally broke my mask. Or more precisely, finished it off. Resmed Mirage FX nasal mask. One of the lower soft (silicone?) hooks on the frame finally P*ssed me off to the point I went ahead and ripped it off.

For about a month, the lower strap kept coming off the frame when I removed the mask. The hook was partially torn loose, but it worked once the mask was on . Never had it come off while wearing it. Well, I got tired of messing with it and went ahead and decided to trash it and pull out an older frame and just use it.

I do not normally remove the straps to don/doff the mask - I just pull it on/off. Has worked well for over a decade so I don't plan on changing anything. Side note: only tried/used two masks ever- the Mirage FX since probably 2011 and the Respironics Comfort Classic before that.

It just seemed kind of weird to have that frame as a point of failure. I would have thought it pretty bullet proof before this.

OMMOHY

RE: Broke my mask - OpalRose - 12-07-2015

How many "years" did you use your mask? Time to upgrade?

RE: Broke my mask - OMyMyOHellYes - 12-07-2015

Nah. No need to "upgrade"? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, **this** particular frame broke, but I have more than a couple surplus frames that are perfectly serviceable. I have never been as fussy as some folks WRT masks. This design is comfortable and functionally fine from a therapy standpoint. Supine, dorsal, or side sleeping positions.

That particular frame was about a year old. I have a few more that I rotated in/out over the years before that.

OMMOHY

RE: Broke my mask - OpalRose - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 12:43 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Nah. No need to "upgrade"? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well, **this** particular frame broke, but I have more than a couple surplus frames that are perfectly serviceable. I have never been as fussy as some folks WRT masks. This design is comfortable and functionally fine from a therapy standpoint. Supine, dorsal, or side sleeping positions.

That particular frame was about a year old. I have a few more that I rotated in/out over the years before that.

OMMOHY

Oh, that makes sense. When I read your post, I thought you were using the same mask for a few years. Cool

RE: Broke my mask - I_will_never_sleep_again - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 11:42 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Well, I finally broke my mask. Or more precisely, finished it off. Resmed Mirage FX nasal mask. One of the lower soft (silicone?) hooks on the frame finally P*ssed me off to the point I went ahead and ripped it off.

For about a month, the lower strap kept coming off the frame when I removed the mask. The hook was partially torn loose, but it worked once the mask was on . Never had it come off while wearing it. Well, I got tired of messing with it and went ahead and decided to trash it and pull out an older frame and just use it.

I do not normally remove the straps to don/doff the mask - I just pull it on/off. Has worked well for over a decade so I don't plan on changing anything. Side note: only tried/used two masks ever- the Mirage FX since probably 2011 and the Respironics Comfort Classic before that.

It just seemed kind of weird to have that frame as a point of failure. I would have thought it pretty bullet proof before this.

OMMOHY

Made in China, enough said

RE: Broke my mask - zonk - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 03:00 PM)I_will_never_sleep_again Wrote: Made in China, enough said
Most things are made in China these days, from low ends to high ends , they got it covered
The packaging of my mask say 'Made in Australia' but I get from US at much lower price. It goes all the way from Australia to US and then flown back to Australia and works out cheaper even with adding shipping costs and currency conversion
Amazing

RE: Broke my mask - cate1898 - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 03:13 PM)zonk Wrote: Most things are made in China these days, from low ends to high ends , they got it covered
The packaging of my mask say 'Made in Australia' but I get from US at much lower price. It goes all the way from Australia to US and then flown back to Australia and works out cheaper even with adding shipping costs and currency conversion
Amazing

Now that's truly sad. Shouldn't work that way. Same with things up here in Canada. I buy beer/liquor brewed/distilled in Canada and buy it cheaper in the US.