Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SleepyHead does not get all OA events! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: SleepyHead does not get all OA events! (/Thread-SleepyHead-does-not-get-all-OA-events)

SleepyHead does not get all OA events! - arminio - 12-09-2015

I use this software for over a month and it is GREAT tool to analyze data from CPAP machine! I currently use latest available version "SleepyHead-Testing-0.9.8-1-T3-Windows-64bit" and noticed some problems.

First, each time I import data from SD card from my S9, AHI for one particular day is "messed up" - to be precise, all data for all other dates are OK except for just one date: 2015-11-09! It is not first date (I started with treatment on 2015-11-07) so it is really interresting why only that date has a problem - and problem is: instead 3.03, SleepyHead shows 6.06! Then I use "rebuild CPAP data" option and it restores value back to 3.03... But next time I import new session from SD card, it again wrongly change AHI for only that day from 3.03 to 6... AHI for other dates are fine and it does not affect them... I can't figure out why this happens, but today I backup all SleepyHead data and delete my profile and create new, import SD from scratch and now looks that it stopped doing that for that date (didn't have time to check other days, but for 2015-11-09 AHI now stays 3.03 when I import from SD).

But, this morning I have another problem - SleepyHead missed one OA event... For date 2015-12-08 my AHI was 3.1 (S9 shows on display and ResScan software also show correct value) but SleepyHead shows 2.86! The reason for this is that last night, among other apnea types, I had 3 obstructive apnea events (as it is clearly seen in ResScan) but SleepyHead shows only 2 of them (which is reason for miscalculation). That last OA that is not detected in SleepyHead happened at 6:04:59 which is clearly seen at ResScan - and it happened almost exactly at the moment when I get out of bed and turned machine off.
Now, let say it is OK not to count it because I was awake in that moment and that OA is obviously wrongly detected by S9 Cool - but Sleepyhead definitelly should get it from CD card data because ResScan did (it is written on SD)... I also noticed that detected end time in SleepyHead is 6:04:26 which is obvious reason for not detecting that OA because it happened later at 6:04:59 so 6:04:26 is not real end time for session - so SleepyHead oviously did not get all last night data from SD card...

Does anybody else noticed simmilar problems?

RE: SleepyHead does not get all OA events! - AlanE - 12-09-2015

That's an interesting issue. I'll take a look at my times in ResScan and SleeyHead to see if I can duplicate that.

RE: SleepyHead does not get all OA events! - AlanE - 12-09-2015

Well I was able to verify that issue. Last night SH shows my total time as 9:07:02 and ResScan shows it as 9:08. No seconds in ResScan so I can't tell if this is just a rounding error. In my data last night, Sleeyhead shows a Hypopnea at 22:58 where ResScan missed it so it seems neither program is perfect. If SH is cutting off the last minute, I can see where it would miss that last event of yours. I'll check through the bug reports and if I can't find a similar issue I'll report your findings. Thanks arminio.

RE: SleepyHead does not get all OA events! - DariaVader - 12-09-2015

SH has a setting to ignore sessions that are under x minutes. I don't remember what the default was... but if you turned the machine off at all, that might cause a missed section if it was within that timeframe.

RE: SleepyHead does not get all OA events! - arminio - 12-10-2015

My first thought was the same - I thought that I stopped treatment before minimum time is reached - but default is 4 or 5 minutes (can't remember correctly - I don't have SleepyHead available on PC from which I post this). But my session lasts 4 hours before I stop treatment (I did not turn S9 off - just stopped treatment by pressing "power" button once and shortly and taking mask off).

RE: SleepyHead does not get all OA events! - MichaelWD64 - 12-12-2015

want to post screenshots, can't yet, new user thing I guess.
Any idea how many posts I need or how long I need to be here to post SleepyHead screenshots?
And is this forum the right place for SleepyHead screenshots? I don't really need software help, it's working fine, just need help understanding what the data means.

Thank you!

RE: SleepyHead does not get all OA events! - OpalRose - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 08:16 PM)MichaelWD64 Wrote: want to post screenshots, can't yet, new user thing I guess.
Any idea how many posts I need or how long I need to be here to post SleepyHead screenshots?
And is this forum the right place for SleepyHead screenshots? I don't really need software help, it's working fine, just need help understanding what the data means.

Thank you!

You will need 8 posts. This is not the forum to post sleepyhead screenshots of your therapy in. Start a new thread in main forum when you are ready.