Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
P10 pillow question - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: P10 pillow question (/Thread-P10-pillow-question)

P10 pillow question - Snowbird47 - 12-14-2015

The mask I most often use is the ResMed P10 with medium pillows and I like it fine.
About 25% of time when I awake in the morning and go to wash the pillows, I find that one or both of the "inner cones" (see pic attached) is inverted, or facing toward my nose. When this happens I do not necessarily notice it during the night, but think it must affect the airflow, especially on inhale.

[attachment=1963]

Have any other of you P10 users noticed this phenomenon? I assume it is not a big problem, but I am interested in seeing how (un)common it is

RE: P10 pillow question - OpalRose - 12-14-2015

The photo looks normal. The pillows are dual walled. The inner wall sits a little below the outer wall. Sometimes they do get inverted when I wash them, but not while using.

Also, it is recommended that these pillows be replaced twice a month. They will get soft and start to invert (the inner wall of the pillow turns inside out)

I can usually stretch mine out to a month before switching.

RE: P10 pillow question - Crimson Nape - 12-14-2015

I've had it happen. Usually it wakes me up with a mask leak. I've noticed that this seems to happen more often when they are starting to wear out. BTW, I've greatly reduced the cleaning frequency on my pillows and this has increased their life span.

RE: P10 pillow question - cate1898 - 12-14-2015

I can see from the pic you posted that one of them is splayed back. Do you at any time during the night sleep with your face mashed into the pillow? That's what I would imagine might cause this.

RE: P10 pillow question - Possum - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 09:09 AM)Snowbird47 Wrote: The mask I most often use is the ResMed P10 with medium pillows and I like it fine.
About 25% of time when I awake in the morning and go to wash the pillows, I find that one or both of the "inner cones" (see pic attached) is inverted, or facing toward my nose. When this happens I do not necessarily notice it during the night, but think it must affect the airflow, especially on inhale.

Have any other of you P10 users noticed this phenomenon? I assume it is not a big problem, but I am interested in seeing how (un)common it is

Yes - it happens when the pillows get old and become too elastic, or when I sleep on my stomach with my face in the pillow, which I often end up doing. I've never found it to be much of an issue though. My numbers always look good.

RE: P10 pillow question - Zorki1c - 12-16-2015

(12-14-2015, 09:09 AM)Snowbird47 Wrote: The mask I most often use is the ResMed P10 with medium pillows and I like it fine.

I've never had that problem. Do you have a high pressure setting? I'm relatively low at 6. Maybe you should use a smaller pillow. I used a large for two years and always had trouble getting it adjusted properly but I got good numbers with it (AHI). Recently I dropped down to a medium and it seals immediately when I put it on. It may be that the inner cones are reversing because the pillow is too large and they have room to invert.

RE: P10 pillow question - Snowbird47 - 12-17-2015

(12-16-2015, 03:27 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: I've never had that problem. Do you have a high pressure setting? I'm relatively low at 6. Maybe you should use a smaller pillow. I used a large for two years and always had trouble getting it adjusted properly but I got good numbers with it (AHI). Recently I dropped down to a medium and it seals immediately when I put it on. It may be that the inner cones are reversing because the pillow is too large and they have room to invert.

My pressure is 13.4 max, 95% usually runs about 11-12. I started on small pillows but got too much leakage, medium seals well and is not uncomfortable (once I got used to pillows at all).