Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One (/Thread-AHI-LLeaks-PB-in-Clinician-s-Menu-PR-System-One)

AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One - SideSleeper - 12-15-2015

Saw sleep doc today--or at least his assistant. I requested that I be permitted to try APAP. He did OK the change but in a very limited range which I can accept for now--11 to 14. We have to watch CAs. Currently on 11 CPAP. Was curious as to settings and went into the clinician's menu. One listing gave the info in the subject of this message--and it says off. Does this mean this will not show up on my machine statistics--or SD card? Should I change it to on? I saw another post to remove the SD card if you change a setting then reinsert it when the changes are done..

RE: AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One - Ghost1958 - 12-15-2015

That setting either allows you to see ahi etc report in patient info screen or not.
Mine is on. I simply turn dial to info and press to see what my ahi pb etc for the previous night, 7 day, and 30 day average is.
It will still show on your sd card.
Id turn it on if you want to see that info at a glance each morning without havung to pull your card.

RE: AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One - WakeUpTime - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 12:17 AM)SideSleeper Wrote: Saw sleep doc today--or at least his assistant. I requested that I be permitted to try APAP. He did OK the change but in a very limited range which I can accept for now--11 to 14. We have to watch CAs. Currently on 11 CPAP. Was curious as to settings and went into the clinician's menu. One listing gave the info in the subject of this message--and it says off. Does this mean this will not show up on my machine statistics--or SD card? Should I change it to on? I saw another post to remove the SD card if you change a setting then reinsert it when the changes are done..

My PR Sys One is an Auto BiPAP and I let it run with similar settings (11-12.5 IPAP for me). I tried higher numbers in the beginning but CAs would really rocket up on higher numbers (e.g. 13-14). You could watch your data and then narrow the range to stay at numbers that keep you away from CAs.

Regarding that setting, are you sure the SD card is a factor? I thought it just had to do with displaying the data on the main (non-clinician) screen for patients.

The sd card isnt affected either way.
And you need not remove the sd card when you make changes to any settings on a PRS1 machine.
All that setting does is either display that info on the machined info screen or not.
Just set it to on. Wake up look at patient info screen and you will see you ahi etc displayed.

RE: AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One - SideSleeper - 12-15-2015

I went ahead and changed it last night before replies came in. I want to see that data ASAP as it is a little while before I get the computer fired up to get the data on Dream Mapper and SleepHead. Thanks for the replies. PR machine tells me that A-Flex is disabled--was using Flex on 3 on CPAP. Think I'll go back in and change that--had to work a little last night when exhaling. Good results, however--no CSR or CAs on SH (0% periodic breathing) and a 1.96 AHI. I did run up against the higher level 14 setting quite a few times--once for a protracted time. Had more trouble with mask leaks, but still avoided a major leak--don't know if my DreamWear mask is going to like higher pressures. I will be carefully watching the CA figures.

Unless you get a bunch of CA I wouldnt worry about a few in a night.
Even now my machine thinks i should have breathed faster and flags one or two.
And i for sure dont have CA

If you were using cflex ,Aflex will feel a bit different. If you were using cflex plus Aflex will feel identical.

RE: AHI/LLeaks/PB in Clinician's Menu--PR System One - SideSleeper - 12-15-2015

Thanks, Ghost. I did use CFlex with the straight 11 pressure of CPAP. Since my lowest number is still 11 I might not feel much difference!