Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
A little progress..! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: A little progress..! (/Thread-A-little-progress)

A little progress..! - GTOdude - 12-18-2015

Good morning my friends! Last night I was going to try an full face mask I had, even shaved off a small beard I sported (wife said I looked younger) but even trying to get used to the mask just sitting with it on was torture so I said no to that.. Wife and I got to talking and she suggested I put on some music in the background and listen to it while I was trying to sleep with my P10 mask. So I did. 5 cd's full of Yanni in surround sound was the mood for the night.

Used the P10 and paper tape over my mouth instead of the infernal chin strap and 1/2 an Ambien and I fell asleep with NO adrenalin rush. Slept 3 hours then another 1 1/2. I did take the mask off after and slept some more I think.

Im down to an AHI of 2.38 and actually feel a bit rested. Ill know for sure as the day goes on. I just gotta admit I feel a little happy this morning. I thank God and I thank you for the so needed support! Thanks

Mark
[attachment=1971]

RE: A little progress..! - justMongo - 12-18-2015

Actually, last night looks pretty good. The music is a good idea.
Having proper comfort, lighting, sound, et cetera, is important.

I sometimes put on a music mix. Back in 2013, I needed to communicate with archivist in Germany.
That meant a refresher course in German. So, some nights I would put on a CD of a German language lesson.
No faster way to get to sleep... I don't think I got past: Guten Tag.

Glad you had a good night,

Mongo

RE: A little progress..! - GTOdude - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 11:30 AM)justMongo Wrote: Actually, last night looks pretty good. The music is a good idea.

I sometimes put on a music mix. Back in 2013, I needed to communicate with archivist in Germany.
That meant a refresher course in German. So, some nights I would put on a CD of a German language lesson.

Mongo
That's funny, Mongo. "Es tut mir leid!" So i take German in high school thinking it's a skate through class as my parents and grandparents spoke Yiddish and its very Germanic. I skated. Now Im in California and am learning Spanish. Hindsight = 20/20.

I sent you a couple PM responses to the one you sent me yesterday BTW..

Mark

RE: A little progress..! - trish6hundred - 12-18-2015

Hi GTOdude,
Great to hear about your progress, keep up the good work.

RE: A little progress..! - CHanlon - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 11:08 AM)GTOdude Wrote: Good morning my friends! Last night I was going to try an full face mask I had, even shaved off a small beard I sported (wife said I looked younger) but even trying to get used to the mask just sitting with it on was torture so I said no to that.. Wife and I got to talking and she suggested I put on some music in the background and listen to it while I was trying to sleep with my P10 mask. So I did. 5 cd's full of Yanni in surround sound was the mood for the night.

Used the P10 and paper tape over my mouth instead of the infernal chin strap and 1/2 an Ambien and I fell asleep with NO adrenalin rush. Slept 3 hours then another 1 1/2. I did take the mask off after and slept some more I think.

Im down to an AHI of 2.38 and actually feel a bit rested. Ill know for sure as the day goes on. I just gotta admit I feel a little happy this morning. I thank God and I thank you for the so needed support! Thanks

Mark

Great! Keep it up!

(12-18-2015, 11:30 AM)justMongo Wrote: Actually, last night looks pretty good. The music is a good idea.

Mongo

There is a concept that I've seen mentioned here in the past, but haven't seen anyone refer too lately... "Sleep Hygene." I took it to heart when I read the advice, and it works for me. The idea is to take steps to clear out old bad sleep habits, and replace them with good ones. Develop the habits that you find help you sleep better, and abandon those that don't.

This is what you're starting... you put on some restful music, etc. It's about developing a routine that encourages sleep. In my case, it's going to bed at the same time every night... taking a hot shower about 45 minutes before... no coffee after 8pm, hit the "warm up" cycle on my humidifier about 10 minutes ahead... etc. Find a routine that encourages relaxation, and become OCD about it. :-)

RE: A little progress..! - Sleeprider - 12-18-2015

So what's worse? Sleep apnea, or Yanni?

RE: A little progress..! - GTOdude - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 07:25 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: So what's worse? Sleep apnea, or Yanni?
Apnea by far. My wife played Yanni while we were dating. His music is relaxing and awesome to listen to. All I would need more is a joint (J/K)!

Mark