Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) (/Thread-ResMed-or-maybe-me-S9-Elite)

ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - GPSMapNut - 12-18-2015

I wanted to download from the card last week of records to SleepyHead.
Download OK but... no data for the last week. I went to file explorer and checked the card. No new files since the last download. The card was NOT write protected.
I do distinctly remember that after the last download, I forgot to move the switch and after inserting the card, the machine (S9 Elite) complained that the card is "read only". I removed the card, moved the switch, re-inserted the card, got a message from the machine "reading the card" (or something like that) and no complaints so, I thought that everything is OK. Obviously it wasn't because nothing got recorded after that!
Was it me or the machine?

RE: ***** ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - AlanE - 12-18-2015

Probably the machine. Pull the power on it then plug it back in. See if that corrects the problem. Someone may have other ideas.

RE: ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - PaulaO2 - 12-19-2015

GPS, I removed the * marks in the subject line. Sometimes the forum software hiccups with repeated punctuation marks. Maybe in a previous life it was an English teacher.

RE: ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - AlanE - 12-19-2015

maybe it was an expletive deleted. Smile

RE: ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - GPSMapNut - 12-19-2015

(12-19-2015, 11:40 AM)AlanE Wrote: maybe it was an expletive deleted. Smile

Nope. It was #$%& or something like that. What You translate it into, it's up to you.
In any case; last night, it did not record yet again. Couple of weeks ago, it had couple of days gap in recording which got atributed to something that was not the case.
Now, I'm sure that's the machine, not the operator.
I unplugged it and let it reset. Will see tomorrow.

RE: ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - AlanE - 12-19-2015

Do you have another SD card to use? Maybe time to buy another. Like all things electronic they are susceptible to failure or even a partial failure.

RE: ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - GPSMapNut - 12-20-2015

(12-19-2015, 09:18 PM)AlanE Wrote: Do you have another SD card to use? Maybe time to buy another. Like all things electronic they are susceptible to failure or even a partial failure.

Have several of them but, it's not a problem with the card.
After reset, the machine records again.
Doesn't feel me with confidence... Since it (the machine) did it twice, it may do it again at any time. Well, it's a loaner and in a month I will have my own and it will not be e ResMed...

RE: ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - Gru. - 12-21-2015

Probably won't be a problem with your new machine. Loaner machines are sometimes used pretty rough. Hope all works out.

RE: ResMed or maybe me...(S9 Elite) - DumfriesDik - 12-21-2015

We are now in an age where 'turn it off / on' is the standard operating procedure.

Hopefully it will work now, if not, hopefully the new machine will be just fine for you.