Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time (/Thread-DreamStation-always-100-mask-fit-No-leak-time)

DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - pwgphoto - 12-23-2015

I have been on CPAP therapy just about two months now with my DreamStation APAP and it has really helped me. I have been 100% compliant using the machine every night for as long as I sleep, average 6-7 hour a night. I love being about to breath and sleep way better.

That being said, I do have to adjust my DreamWear mask a few times during the night, no big deal and again sleeping is way better than it was without CPAP.

My question/dilemma is the machine and the DreamMapper app always say that I have 100% mask fit with "Large Leak Time 0:00hrs" and "% of Night in Large Leak -%" It will say I usually have a few disconnects, even on nights when I never take the mask off or turn off the machine.

Now am I the best CPAP mask wearer ever, even with the three masks I have used? Starting, first a Wisp Nasal and AirFit P10 and now I have settled on the DreamWear. I doubt it. I am wondering if I need to call the tech support line or something.

I know I must be having an occasional large leak. Is this happening to any other DreamStation users out there? Or are you getting good leak info? I can't use SleepyHead software to check it and don't want to get into the Encore Pro yet.

Thanks

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - Ghost1958 - 12-23-2015

The machine itself will give you all the info yhat dreammapper does on its own info screen. Without the app clitches.

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - zonk - 12-23-2015

Respironcis machines report total, large leak means leak so large that the machine cannot report events accurately. Unlike ResMed, they don't define the level of large leak, my guess good mask fit is something below 50 L/m or whereabouts

Download the software to see more details http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Admin-Note-DreamStation-Software-Now-Available

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - Ghost1958 - 12-23-2015

Large leak occurs at about 70 on both my wifes pr machine and mine

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - OpalRose - 12-23-2015

pwgphoto,
Glad all is going well with you.

I have never experienced a "large leak" on my System One machine, and always have 100% mask fit.
The machine is only going to report "large leaks", and if you experienced that, then your AHI numbers would be suspect. On the other hand, Encore Pro will show you all leak rates.

It wouldn't hurt to download the new Encore Pro for your machine. This way you can compare.

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - Mosquitobait - 12-23-2015

Resmed defines large leak at 30 l/m while Respironics (even the 560 series) defines it at 70 l/m. I researched this after my brother got his new bipap, because you could hear the leaks in his mask down the hall from his room. I couldn't believe that it kept saying no leaks.

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - Weird Tolkienish Figure - 12-23-2015

Mine almost always shows near 100% no leaks but every once in a while it shows a relatively high number of leaks?

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - Sleeprider - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 10:45 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Resmed defines large leak at 30 l/m while Respironics (even the 560 series) defines it at 70 l/m. I researched this after my brother got his new bipap, because you could hear the leaks in his mask down the hall from his room. I couldn't believe that it kept saying no leaks.

Resmed only records the net leak after intentional leak. You're comparing apples and oranges With an intentional leak rate of 27 to 30 l/m, the large leak threshold for Resmed is 60 l/m total, assuming you want to make it comparable to what you said for Respironics which shows total leak including intentional venting.

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - rmeegan2 - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 02:40 AM)pwgphoto Wrote: I have been on CPAP therapy just about two months now with my DreamStation APAP and it has really helped me. I have been 100% compliant using the machine every night for as long as I sleep, average 6-7 hour a night. I love being about to breath and sleep way better.

That being said, I do have to adjust my DreamWear mask a few times during the night, no big deal and again sleeping is way better than it was without CPAP.

My question/dilemma is the machine and the DreamMapper app always say that I have 100% mask fit with "Large Leak Time 0:00hrs" and "% of Night in Large Leak -%" It will say I usually have a few disconnects, even on nights when I never take the mask off or turn off the machine.

I always have close to a 100,mostly 100 with my airfit P10
not so with the Amara view resmed swift II or resmed f10
Now am I the best CPAP mask wearer ever, even with the three masks I have used? Starting, first a Wisp Nasal and AirFit P10 and now I have settled on the DreamWear. I doubt it. I am wondering if I need to call the tech support line or something.

I know I must be having an occasional large leak. Is this happening to any other DreamStation users out there? Or are you getting good leak info? I can't use SleepyHead software to check it and don't want to get into the Encore Pro yet.

Thanks

RE: DreamStation always 100% mask fit/ No leak time - trish6hundred - 12-23-2015

Hi pwgphoto,
It’s great to hear that things are going well with your CPAP therapy, keep up the good work.
I know you didn’t want to get into Encore yet, but it may help you in the long run to look at your graphs, (though, from what I have read, it is not user-friendly and is more for the DME but it’s not impossible to use,) it’s the only thing that will work with your machine.
Good luck to you on this, I know there is a learning curve.