Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
head selfie - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: head selfie (/Thread-head-selfie)

head selfie - car54 - 12-26-2015

[attachment=2004] The straps of my mask seem to be causing permanent hair bending and a depression in my scalp.I wet my hair in the morning and it still persists. This happens also on the back of my neck where the other strap is. It does not want to go away. Anyone else with this problem or suggestions?

Thanks.

RE: head selfie - DeepBreathing - 12-26-2015

I can't help feeling you must have the straps way too tight. I wear mine pretty tight and get some marks on my face, but nothing like I see in your picture.

See if Pad-a-cheek make a strap liner which might help ease the pressure on your scalp. There is also a company who make gel-filled liners, but I can't remember the name off hand. I did try their gel face liner but it was pretty useless, but the strap liners might work better.

RE: head selfie - car54 - 12-27-2015

Straps are only as tight as they have to be. Maybe the therapy is blowing up my head and the straps are keeping my head from getting bigger.LOL

RE: head selfie - PollCat - 12-27-2015

Having received therapy via pillow masks for over 20 years, I've never experienced this problem. I usually wake up with the hair in the middle standing straight up, though. It sure looks like your straps are way too tight. Have you tried loosening the straps in small increments?

RE: head selfie - vsheline - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 06:53 AM)car54 Wrote: Straps are only as tight as they have to be.

You might try a mask liner, which goes between the mask and the face. Reduces and greatly softens leaks so not bothersome, so straps can be worn somewhat looser.

I use RemZzzs.

RE: head selfie - ginzo - 12-27-2015

I've never seen it from that angle, but in the A.M. I can feel it with my hand. I just wet, gel, brush and let the chips (err hair) fall where it may.
I'm using a P10 and get the same thing only thinner line. For me, it is what it is, the therapy is working.

P.S. I feel I'm getting the dent in my scalp also, but it may have been that way all along. I never checked before I started therapy.

RE: head selfie - car54 - 12-27-2015

I am going try a strap from a totally different mask that has different contact areas. If that doesn't work maybe botox will.

RE: head selfie - ginzo - 12-27-2015

Well, this will be a good trial for all of us. Thanks for being the control subject!Sleep-well

(12-27-2015, 06:23 PM)car54 Wrote: I am going try a strap from a totally different mask that has different contact areas. If that doesn't work maybe botox will.

RE: head selfie - bwexler - 12-28-2015

The Wisp has been one of my favorite masks and I don't remember ever tightening it so tight it would leave marks on top of my head. But then I never look at the top of my head, my eyes don't work that way and I try to practice what Terry Cole Whitaker preaches "what other people think of me is none of my business".
I suspect you are just tightening your straps way too tight.

RE: head selfie - car54 - 12-29-2015

I put a head strap from a mirage quarto on my F10. It does not have a strap that goes over the top of my head. The straps only go to the back of my head and they are wide so they don't dig in. The mask seems to be very stable with this head strap.

[attachment=2014]

So all seems to be well.