Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue (/Thread-Airsense-Autoset-persistent-rainout-issue)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - Possum - 01-06-2016

Airsense Autoset experts:

So, this is my first winter of therapy, and I cannot seem to get rid of persistent rainout. I have my humidifer set between 5-6, ClimateLine heated hose maxed out at 86 deg F, and bedroom temperature is probably in the high 50s to low 60s and usually dry as a bone, as I live in a generally arid climate. I have tried using the Auto humidifier setting but it is too dry.

I even have a ResMed wrap AND a Pad-a-Cheek fleece cover on the ClimateLine hose (which, by the way, makes it weigh about 5 lbs), AND I have a cozy on the P10 mask hose. Yet, on most nights I still wake up with moisture in the mask, blocking the diffuser exhalation ports and causing me to suffocate on CO2. UGH!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm super frustrated

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - Crimson Nape - 01-06-2016

The only thing I can add is to place the top of the CPAP below mattress level.

Good Luck.

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - Sleeprider - 01-06-2016

Possum, Supplier #7 sells the SleepZone heated hose that is much warmer than either Resmed or Respironics heated hoses. It sells for about $100, so it's not cheap. It is a 22mm hose and fits most machines, comes with it's own power supply and has a hose cover. I used one for nearly 7 years and still have it, but I am not having problems with the Respironics hose. It looks different with an embedded copper resistance wire visible in the hose. When your skin contacts the hose at night, it feels like an electric blanket or heating pad on low. Nice feel. I highly recommend it, and you will not have rain-out.

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - Possum - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 02:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Possum, Supplier #7 sells the SleepZone heated hose that is much warmer than either Resmed or Respironics heated hoses. It sells for about $100, so it's not cheap. It is a 22mm hose and fits most machines, comes with it's own power supply and has a hose cover. I used one for nearly 7 years and still have it, but I am not having problems with the Respironics hose. It looks different with an embedded copper resistance wire visible in the hose. When your skin contacts the hose at night, it feels like an electric blanket or heating pad on low. Nice feel. I highly recommend it, and you will not have rain-out.

Thanks, Sleeprider! Maybe you're right - I just need to get more brute force about the hose temperature. Personally, I feel like the ClimateLine is a pretty weak solution - disappointing. So, I suppose I'll save up for a warmer hose. Thanks

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - mhannigan - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 12:33 PM)Possum Wrote: Airsense Autoset experts:

So, this is my first winter of therapy, and I cannot seem to get rid of persistent rainout. I have my humidifer set between 5-6, ClimateLine heated hose maxed out at 86 deg F, and bedroom temperature is probably in the high 50s to low 60s and usually dry as a bone, as I live in a generally arid climate. I have tried using the Auto humidifier setting but it is too dry.

I even have a ResMed wrap AND a Pad-a-Cheek fleece cover on the ClimateLine hose (which, by the way, makes it weigh about 5 lbs), AND I have a cozy on the P10 mask hose. Yet, on most nights I still wake up with moisture in the mask, blocking the diffuser exhalation ports and causing me to suffocate on CO2. UGH!

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm super frustrated

Yeah, take all that crap off the hose, let it work like it's supposed to and don't breathe in the water.

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - mhannigan - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 02:12 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Possum, Supplier #7 sells the SleepZone heated hose that is much warmer than either Resmed or Respironics heated hoses. It sells for about $100, so it's not cheap. It is a 22mm hose and fits most machines, comes with it's own power supply and has a hose cover. I used one for nearly 7 years and still have it, but I am not having problems with the Respironics hose. It looks different with an embedded copper resistance wire visible in the hose. When your skin contacts the hose at night, it feels like an electric blanket or heating pad on low. Nice feel. I highly recommend it, and you will not have rain-out.

I do not like this solution. Making it hotter inside if it is cold outside will increase condensation.

Also, the jerey-rigged electronics with the wire and the mask with the water could electrocute you to death. Use only UL listed and approved solutions so you don't kill yourself and burn down your house with your family in it. This stuff really does work the way it is supposed to if you don't eff with it.

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - Possum - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 04:12 PM)mhannigan Wrote: Yeah, take all that crap off the hose, let it work like it's supposed to and don't breathe in the water.

The covers are on to help the hose stay warmer. If I remove them, it just gets colder and rainout gets worse..

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - surferdude2 - 01-06-2016

I suggest keeping the bedroom warmer until you find something better.

edit: Verify that the condensation is actually happening inside the hose as opposed to inside the mask. When you exhale, the RH inside the mask approaches 100%. Mask condensation can happen even though the hose is delivering rain free air. That's more of an issue with FF masks but can also be a problem with other masks.

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - Sleeprider - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 04:15 PM)mhannigan Wrote:

I do not like this solution. Making it hotter inside if it is cold outside will increase condensation.

Also, the jerey-rigged electronics with the wire and the mask with the water could electrocute you to death. Use only UL listed and approved solutions so you don't kill yourself and burn down your house with your family in it. This stuff really does work the way it is supposed to if you don't eff with it.

Nice uninformed and completely incorrect post. Well done, that's a trifecta. Keep up the good work.

RE: Airsense Autoset - persistent rainout issue - Mr. Van Winkle - 01-06-2016

(01-06-2016, 04:30 PM)Possum Wrote:
(01-06-2016, 04:12 PM)mhannigan Wrote: Yeah, take all that crap off the hose, let it work like it's supposed to and don't breathe in the water.

The covers are on to help the hose stay warmer. If I remove them, it just gets colder and rainout gets worse..

Try lowering your hose temperature to closer match your room temp. or raise your room temperature.....
Hey if you don't try something you won't know.
Okay