Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
questions on Activa Mirage and Activa Mirage LT masks - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: questions on Activa Mirage and Activa Mirage LT masks (/Thread-questions-on-Activa-Mirage-and-Activa-Mirage-LT-masks)

questions on Activa Mirage and Activa Mirage LT masks - ts098 - 01-16-2016

Hi, I am new to the forum, but have used APAP for several years. I recently received a replacement APAP unit, a Resmed AirSense 10 with a climate control tube. I also purchased an Activa LT mask, cushion and headgear.

Please forgive me if I do not use the correct terminology.

I had used the Activa Mirage mask for the several years I had used APAP. I really like it. However, I was told by the DME that it was no longer available, so I took the Mirage LT setup. I prefer the older style Mirage cushions. I do not believe the LT cushions are sized the same (LT medium is not the same as regular Activa standard). Second, I prefer the adjustment mechanism on the old Activa mask, but I can live with the one on the LT version.

In any case, I found the old Mirage cushion and other components are still available.

I have several older Activa mask frames with various parts, a few full size hoses and some unused older style cushions. In addition, I now know I can get new ones. I would like to know in what combinations the older style and LT masks and cushions as well as the climate control and older style full size tubing can be used. I have been unable to get a consistent answer for from the DME to the following questions:

1. Can the older style Mirage Activa cushions be used in the Mirage LT frame?

2. Can the climate control tubing be used with the older style Activa mask?

3. If the climate control tubing can be used with older style Activa mask, do you have to use the entire extension tube (used with the older style full size tubing) between the mask and climate control tube, or can you disconnect the swivel portion from the extension, attach it to the mask and attach the climate control tubing directly to the swivel attachment?

4. Can the older style full size tubing be used with the Activa LT mask?. If so, can it be attached directly to the built in swivel, or does it need to be connected with the extension tubing (less the old swivel attachment)?

I might think of a few other questions, but any help on these would be appreciated. Thanks.

RE: questions on Activa Mirage and Activa Mirage LT masks - zonk - 01-16-2016

Hi ts098
I don't think the Activa LT cushion fit on the Activa frame and vice versa, Activa LT frame is slightly smaller but the headgear should be fine
The heated tubing should work with the Activa, not sure about the extension tube
If not using the heated tubing, you can use the SlimLine tube 15mm (non heated) or the Standard tube (19mm) but you'll need to select the tube type, SlmLine or Standard

I guess your AirSense 10 is an AutoSet, if so, its an awesome machine

Welcome

Edit: as the extension tube can be used with any mask, I guess can be used with the heated tubing too
but without having on to play with, cannot be certain

RE: questions on Activa Mirage and Activa Mirage LT masks - trish6hundred - 01-17-2016

Hi ts098,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting your mask problems straightened out.

RE: questions on Activa Mirage and Activa Mirage LT masks - ts098 - 01-19-2016

Thanks for the help so far. I look forward to participating in the forum.