Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Heated Hose: Need a script? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Heated Hose: Need a script? (/Thread-Heated-Hose-Need-a-script)

Pages: 1 2

Heated Hose: Need a script? - Stargazer - 01-18-2016

Hello all. It's been almost a year and a half since I've been on here; doing absolutely fantastic since I started this "papping" journey almost 2 years ago. Honestly, don't think I would have been alive had I not.

Quick question: My wife just became a fellow hose-head and has the humidifier but does not have the heated hose to help prevent rain-out. Is that something we can purchase w/out a script? Can't remember if the dme rep said it had to be.

RE: Heated Hose: Need a script? - Possum - 01-18-2016

I confirmed that you can purchase ClimateLine Air on [link to Supplier #1 removed] without a prescription. I suspect you can for other suppliers as well. The only items I've found you need a prescription for are the masks themselves.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section. Please refer to our Supplier List on how to post a link to an online DME.
-----

RE: Heated Hose: Need a script? - Stargazer - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 06:58 PM)Possum Wrote: I confirmed that you can purchase ClimateLine Air on [link to Supplier #1 removed] without a prescription. I suspect you can for other suppliers as well. The only items I've found you need a prescription for are the masks themselves.

Possum, thank you so much!!

RE: Heated Hose: Need a script? - OpalRose - 01-18-2016

(01-18-2016, 06:50 PM)Stargazer Wrote: Hello all. It's been almost a year and a half since I've been on here; doing absolutely fantastic since I started this "papping" journey almost 2 years ago. Honestly, don't think I would have been alive had I not.

Quick question: My wife just became a fellow hose-head and has the humidifier but does not have the heated hose to help prevent rain-out. Is that something we can purchase w/out a script? Can't remember if the dme rep said it had to be.

I believe when you are going through insurance, DME's will ask for a script to be on file.

I can order supplies online without a perscription, but my DME gives me the third degree every time. All DME's seem to be different in that respect, so you should check with them.

(01-18-2016, 07:01 PM)OpalRose Wrote: I believe when you are going through insurance, DME's will ask for a script to be on file.

I can order supplies online without a perscription, but my DME gives me the third degree every time. All DME's seem to be different in that respect, so you should check with them.

I've dealt with a couple DME's and the third degree seems like the norm. I know you need a script for masks (from experience) but wasn't sure about "accessory" items (didn't need a script for a new cushion). She made it sound like a heated hose was akin to a mask and had to have a script. Not too surprising!

Appreciate the feedback OpalRose.

RE: Heated Hose: Need a script? - trish6hundred - 01-18-2016

Hi Stargazer,
WELCOME BACK!
I haven’t needed a prescription for the heated hose, yet.
It’s great to hear that you are doing so well and have adjusted to your CPAP machine.
Much success to both you and your wife with your CPAP therapy.

(01-18-2016, 08:10 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Stargazer,
WELCOME BACK!
I haven’t needed a prescription for the heated hose, yet.
It’s great to hear that you are doing so well and have adjusted to your CPAP machine.
Much success to both you and your wife with your CPAP therapy.

Hi Trish, thank you!! It's actually good to be back. My cpap therapy got so routine, it just became part of my everyday life after the initial start. I DO remember you and a few other folks on here being so helpful especially after my fiasco with trying to upgrade from the "brick" I mean, Escape, the dme tried to give me.

Appreciate the well-wishes for my wife and me. Looking forward to being interactive on here again, as well! Thanks

RE: Heated Hose: Need a script? - Mr. Van Winkle - 01-18-2016

I had my doctor send my script to my DME so I'm not sure if it was that detailed for every item to do with CPAP . machine,mask, type of hose, filters,ect.
My DME gave me the machine, a mask,the standard hose, then after a couple of weeks I stopped back in to the DME for a different mask , heated hose and there were no questions what so ever. work just as you would want it to. ( through insurance.)

Good Luck wish you the best!

Sleep-well

RE: Heated Hose: Need a script? - PaulaO2 - 01-20-2016

The mask as a complete unit and the xPAP itself need prescriptions.

Cushions, filters, hoses, pillows, other mask parts do not.

With some masks, you can buy the parts and make your mask, all without a prescription. But that is getting harder to do. There seems to be some major part you cannot get without getting the entire mask.

RE: Heated Hose: Need a script? - PaytonA - 01-20-2016

Some DMEs tell you that you need a prescription in order to get a heated hose. That is just a DME requirement and not a legal requirement. It seems to be designed to discourage you from ordering a heated hose.