Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9 - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9 (/Thread-Treatment-Airsense-10-Autoset-reporting-high-AHI-compared-to-S9)

Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9 - smallur - 01-19-2016

I had been using Resmed S9 for year and half with reported AHI around 3 with the pressure set to 11. I was doing well on it.

For various reasons, I had to buy another machine and this time I got the Airsense 10 autoset. Now my reported AHI is 10 with pressure running around 9. All my settings are on Auto.

I believe most of the time its user error that causes issue. Anyone have any insights on what I can do to fix it. What setting can I change to get back my S9 performance? Anyone face this situation?

Needless to say my sleep sucks and I am paying the price at daytime.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

++++++++ Settings +++++++++++++
All set to Auto
EPR is on 3
Use nasal Mask
I get smiley face on everything

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9 - justMongo - 01-20-2016

Which S9?
Your 10 series Autoset is running in what mode: Auto or straight CPAP?
If Auto, what min and max pressure is it set to?
===============================
If you were running an S9 in CPAP fixed pressure of 11; and are now running a 10 series Autoset in auto mode, then your min and max pressure should bracket 11. Especially important would be min pressure. It should only be about 2 below 11 = 9. If it's set to say 4 or 6, then you will have apneas before the machine advances pressure.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9 - smallur - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 12:13 AM)justMongo Wrote: Which S9?
If you were running an S9 in CPAP fixed pressure of 11; and are now running a 10 series Autoset in auto mode, then your min and max pressure should bracket 11. Especially important would be min pressure. It should only be about 2 below 11 = 9. If it's set to say 4 or 6, then you will have apneas before the machine advances pressure.

Thank you very much justMango. I was using Resmed S9 elite. Now my Airsense 10 runs on auto. However, my bracket was from 4 to 13 I realize now from your post it should probably be 9-12 since my sleep study said I should run on 11. I cap it at 13 from a safety point of view.

I am assuming changing this bracket will not change my start pressure as I like the start of 4 and let it ramp up as I fall asleep.

I will try it out tonite and see if it makes a difference and report back for any one who might be running into something similar.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9 - trish6hundred - 01-20-2016

HI smallur,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you much success as you continue your CPAP therapy, good lukc with the new machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9 - OpalRose - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 01:10 AM)smallur Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 12:13 AM)justMongo Wrote: Which S9?

Thank you very much justMango. I was using Resmed S9 elite. Now my Airsense 10 runs on auto. However, my bracket was from 4 to 13 I realize now from your post it should probably be 9-12 since my sleep study said I should run on 11. I cap it at 13 from a safety point of view.

I am assuming changing this bracket will not change my start pressure as I like the start of 4 and let it ramp up as I fall asleep.

I will try it out tonite and see if it makes a difference and report back for any one who might be running into something similar.

smallur,
If you are going to use ramp with a start pressure of 11, then your ramp start should be closer to your start pressure.

Try setting ramp to start at 7 or 8. That shouldn't bother you if you were using a Cpap pressure of 11.

RE: Airsense 10 Autoset reporting high AHI compared to S9 - justMongo - 01-20-2016

It will not change your ramp.
However, starting the ramp too low has several negative aspects.
1) Some users feel that 4 does not provide enough air; so, they start out at 6.
2) The mask may not leak at ramp start but will by end of ramp. (One reason I do not use ramp.)