Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable? (/Thread-CMS50F-is-the-watch-band-replaceable)

CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable? - MichaelWD64 - 01-22-2016

I'd love to put a non-rubber watch band with Velcro on it. But I can't really tell if the included band can be removed and if it can be replaced.

Anyone have any experience trying this?

Thank you!
MWD

RE: CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable? - pholynyk - 01-22-2016

My CMS50F is barely a month old, so I'm not too eager to perform exploratory surgery just yet. There might be pins holding the strap, but they seem to be covered by the rubber, so not easily removable. There is a lot of stiffness near the watch, so it's possible that the fittings extend out from the watch underneath the band.
You could write to customer support at our Supplier #19. Usually you will get the owner; I have found him to be very helpful. He may have had occasion to take a watch apart and could give you some advice. Good luck; I'd be happier with a Velcro band myself.

RE: CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable? - Possum - 01-22-2016

(01-22-2016, 07:00 AM)pholynyk Wrote: My CMS50F is barely a month old, so I'm not too eager to perform exploratory surgery just yet. There might be pins holding the strap, but they seem to be covered by the rubber, so not easily removable. There is a lot of stiffness near the watch, so it's possible that the fittings extend out from the watch underneath the band.
You could write to customer support at our Supplier #19. Usually you will get the owner; I have found him to be very helpful. He may have had occasion to take a watch apart and could give you some advice. Good luck; I'd be happier with a Velcro band myself.

I just looked at my watch band and noticed the pin was exposed on one side of the band. I stuck the end of a mechanical pencil to push on it, and the pin poked easily through the other side of the band. I suppose that technically means I just damaged my band, but it seems to be minor.

Anyway, it seems that if you can find a band of adequate width to accommodate the larger size of the watch, you should be able to install it fairly easily.

RE: CMS50F - is the watch band replaceable? - MichaelWD64 - 01-22-2016

(01-22-2016, 03:06 PM)Possum Wrote: I just looked at my watch band and noticed the pin was exposed on one side of the band. I stuck the end of a mechanical pencil to push on it, and the pin poked easily through the other side of the band. I suppose that technically means I just damaged my band, but it seems to be minor.

Anyway, it seems that if you can find a band of adequate width to accommodate the larger size of the watch, you should be able to install it fairly easily.

Thank you.
MWD