Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Leaks and FFM suggestions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Leaks and FFM suggestions (/Thread-Leaks-and-FFM-suggestions)

Leaks and FFM suggestions - PastorMeador - 01-22-2016

I am still struggling with large leaks each night. I have the basic chinstrap.it helped them at first but they have started going up again. I have the Ruby on order and will try that when it arrives. However I think my culprit is my tongue relaxing. I may have to knuckle down and go FFM. I also on my side so I will need one that works for side sleepers. i am open for suggestions. I still feel rested each night but the data days my leaks are too high. Thoughts?

RE: Leaks and FFM suggestions - justMongo - 01-22-2016

I use the FFM in my profile. I'm a side sleeper; and I get very good leak rates.
I think whether or not one can side sleep with a FFM is mostly a matter of using a thin pillow that does not hit the mask.

RE: Leaks and FFM suggestions - PaytonA - 01-22-2016

I, like the Mongo above use the same FFM and am also a side sleeper with high therapeutic pressure. My leak rates too are very low. It is easy to tell the difference between us though. I am the handsome one. Dielaughing

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: Leaks and FFM suggestions - justMongo - 01-22-2016

(01-22-2016, 12:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I am the handsome one.

Not according to our avatars.

RE: Leaks and FFM suggestions - PastorMeador - 01-22-2016

I just had a thought. You see Friday is Weight Watchers weiigh in day. Today, after just one month in the program I hit the 5% weight loss Mark. That is 16 pounds! How much of my leak issue could be from the fact that my face is slimmer? I know I have mouth breathing issues, but in the middle of the night last night I went back o the nasal pillows that I discarded two months ago and the leak rate went to almost nil.

Just wondering.....

RE: Leaks and FFM suggestions - PaytonA - 01-22-2016

(01-22-2016, 12:43 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 12:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I am the handsome one.

Not according to our avatars.

Yours is only squared away, mine is handsome.

RE: Leaks and FFM suggestions - Ghost1958 - 01-22-2016

(01-22-2016, 02:06 PM)PastorMeador Wrote: I just had a thought. You see Friday is Weight Watchers weiigh in day. Today, after just one month in the program I hit the 5% weight loss Mark. That is 16 pounds! How much of my leak issue could be from the fact that my face is slimmer? I know I have mouth breathing issues, but in the middle of the night last night I went back o the nasal pillows that I discarded two months ago and the leak rate went to almost nil.

Just wondering.....
Weight loss can cause you to need a smaller size yes.

RE: Leaks and FFM suggestions - trish6hundred - 01-22-2016

Hi PastorMeador,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your weight loss.