Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths? (/Thread-How-can-I-get-Sleepyhead-to-display-triggered-breaths)

How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths? - Asjb - 01-22-2016

Hello. May I have help please. No matter what I try I can't find a way for Sleepyhead to display patient triggered breaths statistics, or indeed anything related to patient triggered breaths. Is it maybe a compatibility issue with the Aircurve ASV?

Thank you for any guidance.

RE: How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths? - AlanE - 01-23-2016

Mark is still working on fine tuning some ASV code. Not sure what exactly he is doing or will do with the ASV machines but he is close to releasing the next update.

RE: How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths? - Asjb - 01-24-2016

(01-23-2016, 10:25 PM)AlanE Wrote: Mark is still working on fine tuning some ASV code. Not sure what exactly he is doing or will do with the ASV machines but he is close to releasing the next update.

Hello and thanks for info. Is a new release of Sleepyhead normally advertised on the Board ? (I don't want to miss it).

There is also a problem with the current version of Sleepyhead about displaying the pressure settings with my machine, both in graphic form and in the descriptions - e.g. just below the AHI total, top left of the S'Head daily screen, it says <EPAP> followed by more than a hundred numbers <cms H20>. (That's what one could call high pressure!). But this is not a big issue of course as I know what my settings are.

But it's wonderful that people who know what they are doing continue to improve the software for all of us. Thank you very much. Sleepyhead has been so, so useful for me - up to and including using its evidence to get hold of the machine that is finally treating my apnoea properly.

Has anyone out there with the Aircurve ASV had success with patient triggered breaths in S'head?

RE: How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths? - Sleeprider - 01-24-2016

There will be posts here when a new Sleepyhead is available, but you can join JediMark's Facebook page, and it will probably be announced there first. https://www.facebook.com/groups/sleepyheadcpap/

The machine triggered breaths are fairly easy to pick out using mask pressure, or in the case of the PRS1 machines, they are flagged. Have you noticed the tall spikes in mask pressure?

RE: How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths? - Asjb - 01-25-2016

(01-24-2016, 09:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: There will be posts here when a new Sleepyhead is available, but you can join JediMark's Facebook page...

The machine triggered breaths are fairly easy to pick out using mask pressure, or in the case of the PRS1 machines, they are flagged. Have you noticed the tall spikes in mask pressure?

Hello and thanks - I shall join the Facebook page.

The mask pressure - there is a regular baseline wave, then there are frequent waves (in bunches of approx 2-10) that are about twice the height, then also some, fewer, waves that are about 3x height of baseline. So no <tall spikes> exactly.

I'm very happy with my current settings and results but I have an intermittent muscular paralysis disorder and I think that the <patient triggered breaths> statistics just might be a useful proxy for the degree of asleep muscle weakness - and that's something I'd like to show my muscle doctor as it could be a good way for him to monitor other patients' disease activity.

Thanks again.

RE: How can I get Sleepyhead to display triggered breaths? - Sleeprider - 01-25-2016

Mark mentioned he is refining the Aircurve 10 data output for the next release. The ability of Sleepyhead to display Aircurve 10 data was incomplete in the last release, but worked "good enough" for most of us. Remember, the last Sleepyhead release was before the aircurve was available; it just happened to work. As a result, information like machine settings and the machine initiated breaths, just displays as nonsense right now. A lot of focus for the next release appears to be to get Dreamstation functionality, but even before that issue came up, there was work being done on Aircurve.