Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea (/Thread-Effects-and-Consequences-of-sleep-apnea)

Pages: 1 2

Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - wolson - 01-25-2016

Today in my doctor's office I saw this chart!

[Image: 62QAisl.jpg]

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - GPSMapNut - 01-25-2016

Assuming that the percentages in this chart are reflect untreated apnea effects, I'd like to know how do these same look for the patients with treated apnea (AHI 5 or less)

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - wolson - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 02:56 PM)GPSMapNut Wrote: Assuming that the percentages in this chart are reflect untreated apnea effects, I'd like to know how do these same look for the patients with treated apnea (AHI 5 or less)

I was thinking about writing a post on the benefits of treatment where I reference the medical paper that shows that benefit.

Another "round tuit" for my free time? Too-funny

I am certain some of this should go into the Wiki. Coffee

Walt

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - justMongo - 01-25-2016

[Image: RoundTuit.jpg]

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - GPSMapNut - 01-25-2016

[Image: roundtuitback.jpg]

Now you have two round tuits so, get to work and write it!
Too-funny

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - Phill - 01-26-2016

As far as I can see there is no mention of epilepsy which I find interesting, was it just coincidence that tests made post alleged epileptic fit indicated apnea, or is it a case of chicken and egg?

I really do wonder if the quacks know anything at all, or just bulldirt you with anything you are likely to believe.

I will go with the Mood Disturbance, Mrs. reckons I have had that for the past 30 years.

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - green wings - 02-17-2016

That's an excellent chart, even if I did feel my blood pressure going up while I was reading it. Scary!

I was wondering about the possible source for the "1 in 5 Americans have OSA". That seems like a really high percentage.

(01-25-2016, 01:11 PM)wolson Wrote: Today in my doctor's office I saw this chart!

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - Winterfrost - 02-18-2016

Johns-Hopkins has also, recently, linked sleep apnea with Alzheimer's. They're not sure of the mechanism yet, but one theory is that since we do most of our healing & cleansing during sleep, that those of us with disrupted sleep aren't doing as good a job of clearing out the protein buildups in the brain which can become beta-amyloid plaques.

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - 0rangebear - 02-23-2016

(01-25-2016, 01:11 PM)wolson Wrote: Today in my doctor's office I saw this chart!

[Image: 62QAisl.jpg]

do you know of any clinical data that support this chart?

RE: Effects and Consequences of sleep apnea - 0rangebear - 02-23-2016

(02-18-2016, 11:48 AM)Winterfrost Wrote: Johns-Hopkins has also, recently, linked sleep apnea with Alzheimer's. They're not sure of the mechanism yet, but one theory is that since we do most of our healing & cleansing during sleep, that those of us with disrupted sleep aren't doing as good a job of clearing out the protein buildups in the brain which can become beta-amyloid plaques.

Can you point me tot the actual DATA- I am seeing a lot of hypotheticals but very little actual clinical DATA