Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Disappointed with rising AHI - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Disappointed with rising AHI (/Thread-Disappointed-with-rising-AHI)

Disappointed with rising AHI - SpeedyD - 01-30-2016

My therapy was going great but for the last week my AHI has steadily gone up. I was consistently under 2. I even had a few sub 1 nights. Now I am at 4.9 and only slept about 3.5 hours.
Does the Amara View mask lose its seal ability quickly? I have used the same cusion since mid November?
Now it also has a little crack in the part that goes under my nose but that doesn't prevent it from sealing and the machine reports no leaks.
Now I also have a slight head cold.
I'm feeling really disappointed.

RE: Disappointed with rising AHI - justMongo - 01-30-2016

First look is: "Now I also have a slight head cold." Likely factors in.
Remember, every night is different.

One would need to look at event breakdown and flow, pressure, event graphs to tell more.

RE: Disappointed with rising AHI - pholynyk - 01-30-2016

--> it also has a little crack in the part that goes under my nose <--

If it has a crack anywhere, it is losing flexibility everywhere. So it is probably leaking more. I think it's time for a new cushion.

RE: Disappointed with rising AHI - sonicboom - 01-30-2016

Most thing I read say not to chase an AHI daily or even weekly. A month or so gives you a good read due to daily variations in sleep patterns, health, diet, activity, alcohol, caffeine, etc...

RE: Disappointed with rising AHI - SpeedyD - 01-31-2016

Thank you all. Great advice. I just hate those high AHI days. I feel awful. And I have strung too many together and every day was higher. The cold I was working on is in full force now. I took half a dose of NyQuil last night so my head wouldn't explode. AHI was terrible. I have managed a little better today though.. Go figure..

RE: Disappointed with rising AHI - Sleep2Snore - 01-31-2016

Think the cold has more to do with it than you think, see how thing settle once it goes away.

RE: Disappointed with rising AHI - eseedhouse - 01-31-2016

A cold along with medication for it is pretty well a guarantee of higher AHI until it's over, unless you want to raise your pressures for the duration of the cold which may or may not be a good idea.

RE: Disappointed with rising AHI - Sleepster - 02-02-2016

(01-30-2016, 09:07 AM)SpeedyD Wrote: Now it also has a little crack in the part that goes under my nose but that doesn't prevent it from sealing and the machine reports no leaks.

Check the leak graph to be sure that the leak rate is acceptable.

Is your elevated AHI due to CA's mostly?

RE: Disappointed with rising AHI - SpeedyD - 02-05-2016

A few leaks, mostly repositioning mask. I'm getting a replacement cushion...and as for CA... Pretty evenly distributed. It's b