Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Travel CPAP - can I rent one? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Travel CPAP - can I rent one? (/Thread-Travel-CPAP-can-I-rent-one)

Travel CPAP - can I rent one? - davisesq212 - 01-30-2016

I need a company that rents the Z1 or Transcend machines. Does anyone have recommendations?

I am traveling internationally and the flights worry me. I know I can use the machine on my carrier and I have a outlet at my seat. I snore so loudly so I either 1) cannot sleep because of the noise (and force myself to stay awake which I dont think I can do for that amount of time) or 2) use a machine. I will need the smallest machine possible otherwise I will feel so self-conscious.

If this matters, I currently use a S9 and my pressure is 13. I never use my humidifier anymore.

RE: Travel CPAP - can I rent one? - sonicboom - 01-30-2016

I think you can order one on-line for a free 30 day trial. Keep it if you like it. Return it if you don't after your trip.

RE: Travel CPAP - can I rent one? - davisesq212 - 01-30-2016

Thanks. Im considering that. One company, cpapxchange is offering a free second battery with purchase now. Thats a 250 dollar value. They are also one of the least expensive at 1225 for a Z1 auto with battery!

Can anyone vouch for them or another company in particular, renatl or otherwise?

RE: Travel CPAP - can I rent one? - trish6hundred - 01-30-2016

Hi davisesq212,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since you aren’t using your humidifier with your S9, that makes it quite a bit smaller and you could take it on your trip.
I have ordered from the supplier you mentioned in your post, (Supplier #18 here on the board,) and have had no trouble with them.
Good luck to you on your machine decision and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and have a nice trip.

(01-30-2016, 03:00 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi davisesq212,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since you aren’t using your humidifier with your S9, that makes it quite a bit smaller and you could take it on your trip.
I have ordered from the supplier you mentioned in your post, (Supplier #18 here on the board,) and have had no trouble with them.
Good luck to you on your machine decision and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and have a nice trip.

Thanks for the advice. I do think I want something even smaller than the S9 even without the humidifier (Z1 I can put on my lap comfortably) and not even worry about plugging in if my seat is changed/ I have no outlet. I am glad to hear u had success with the cpapxchange. Makes me feel a LOT better since that extra battery is a significant savings.

RE: Travel CPAP - can I rent one? - Dreams of Green - 01-30-2016

(01-30-2016, 11:56 AM)davisesq212 Wrote: I will need the smallest machine possible otherwise I will feel so self-conscious.

If I was going to feel self-conscious it would probably be over the mask hanging off my face. I've always felt that most women actually prefer a big machine.

Dielaughing

(01-30-2016, 05:58 PM)Dreams of Green Wrote:
(01-30-2016, 11:56 AM)davisesq212 Wrote: I will need the smallest machine possible otherwise I will feel so self-conscious.

If I was going to feel self-conscious it would probably be over the mask hanging off my face. I've always felt that most women actually prefer a big machine.

Dielaughing

The bigger the better BUT not in this travel scenario. Oh-jeez

RE: Travel CPAP - can I rent one? - bill-e - 01-30-2016

With your pressure of 13, you can expect less than 6 hours on the Z1 battery....but that should be enough for a flight.
Actually, you should get the Q-Tube as well or you will sound like Darth Vader.

RE: Travel CPAP - can I rent one? - bill-e - 01-30-2016

And while you're at it, the air in the plane is dry so even if you don't use a humidifier at home you might need one on a plane. I have personally never used my Z1 while flying. It may be good insurance to pick up a couple of HME's as well.