Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New challenge - Dry mouth / troath - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New challenge - Dry mouth / troath (/Thread-New-challenge-Dry-mouth-troath)

New challenge - Dry mouth / troath - ezdrifler - 01-31-2016

Good news! : My AHI went down to 4.6 yesterday! yeyyy

Bad news: My troath and mouth are painfully dry in the mornings, even waking up and taking a small sip of water hurts.

Im using a full face mask with pressure 6-10 , Humidifier is set at 5.

I try to keep drinking water by my bed, but is waking me up.

I do breath trough my mouth, thats why i got a gull face mask.

RE: New challenge - Dry mouth / troath - gsteri - 01-31-2016

trydrinking a sip of apple juice, the thick kind we find in italy not the transparent one during the night. i have found it to work better than peach, pear or apricot orange juice. try it plus i heat my tube and have a humudifier and a pile sleeve to keep it from condensing and freezing my nose. and last but nt least important i put some vitamin a and e ointment in my nose before going to bed. in 5 years of continud use i have never had any sinus infections os others and i use a phlips bipap respironics at 20 mm h20 max pressure because i'm big and have a hard chest. and fx quattro full face mask
try it out
ciao
gianfranco

RE: New challenge - Dry mouth / troath - PaytonA - 01-31-2016

I use a full face mask and still fight dry mouth. I use a high humidity setting and a product called Biotene Dry Mouth mouthwash. There are some other dry mouth products. Orajel has one and there is a product called Xylimelts. I tried the Xylimelts and found their effect to last about as long as the Biotene but did not like the taste in my mouth when they wore off. I am going to try the Orajel.

Have never tried apple juice but that sounds interesting. Sugars tend to increase tissue moisturizing and apple juice is a good source.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

RE: New challenge - Dry mouth / troath - justMongo - 01-31-2016

(01-31-2016, 01:06 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I use a full face mask and still fight dry mouth. I use a high humidity setting and a product called Biotene Dry Mouth mouthwash. There are some other dry mouth products. Orajel has one and there is a product called Xylimelts. I tried the Xylimelts and found their effect to last about as long as the Biotene but did not like the taste in my mouth when they wore off. I am going to try the Orajel.

Have never tried apple juice but that sounds interesting. Sugars tend to increase tissue moisturizing and apple juice is a good source.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

[Image: NO%20SUGAR.jpg]

RE: New challenge - Dry mouth / troath - y_not - 02-01-2016

As a newbie (both to CPAP & this forum) I also use a full mask and suffer the dry mouth issue however, for me, I feel that the dry mouth is a small price to pay for a complete nights' sleep!
I was using a nasal mask but that caused daily nose bleeds so I swapped to the full mask.

Sorry I can't offer any solutions - just thought I'd add my experience.

RE: New challenge - Dry mouth / troath - gsteri - 02-01-2016

well for me the dry mouth/nose issue is really annoying so i have tried all the prescription artificial salivas for sjogren's sindrome or bucca sicca but they either have a bad flavour or don't work. so i use apple juice and ointment in my nose. for me it's the best solution found until now.
that's my personal experience but it's not a prescription. see your doctor for the same advice Smile

RE: New challenge - Dry mouth / troath - eseedhouse - 02-01-2016

I found that adding a chin strap to my full face mask pretty well fixed the dry mouth. Humidity didn't help a bit in my case. Now I sleep in a warm room (25c.) and leave the humidifier off. With the chin strap my dry mouth problems are pretty much solved.