Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
First Night with CPAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: First Night with CPAP (/Thread-First-Night-with-CPAP)

First Night with CPAP - velvetackbar - 02-02-2016

New Resmed Airsense 10 Auto, with Phillips nasal pillows (I have a big mustache to accompany my big head.) I was a 42 on my home sleep test.

Errrr.

Was that even a night? I don't remember any of it. Which is good...? I think? I shifted twice?

Once at midnight, I had a rough time with my pads.

I woke up with a sore nose. Likely my straps are too tight, so I'll goof with that tonight. I went and bought Ayr at lunch, so I am appropriately soothed.

The other thing I noted when I woke up: it didn't feel *stumbly.* Wasn't even sure I needed coffee--Silly me, the answer to every morning is always, COFFEE!!!!!

Oh, and I am new here, so I guess this is a delurk. If I put this in the wrong place, let me know. I looked for a newbs corner, but didn't find one.

Velvetackbar

RE: First Night with CPAP - DariaVader - 02-02-2016

Welcome

You're in the right place Smile

RE: First Night with CPAP - OpalRose - 02-02-2016

Welcome to the Forum velvetackbar,

No newbs corner, just jump right in and ask whatever.

And yes, you are in the right place. If you have a software question, there is a separate forum.

Do you have an Auto or Bilevel machine? I ask because your profile says 5-22 pressure range. APAP's only go as high as 20cm. Bilevel's go higher.

Glad you didn't feel *stumbly*, and no one should do without coffee. Coffee

RE: First Night with CPAP - pholynyk - 02-02-2016

Welcome to the forum. Velvetackbar, I see a couple of others beat me to first reply.
I've been here less than a year myself, and I've learned a lot by listening here and looking at my Sleepyhead data.
From what I hear, pillows don't need to be tight because the air pressure inflates them. My nasal mask works that way.
Don't be shy if you have questions, the most knowledgeable people are the friendliest.

Phil

RE: First Night with CPAP - trish6hundred - 02-02-2016

Hi velvetackbar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: First Night with CPAP - velvetackbar - 02-02-2016

(02-02-2016, 04:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Do you have an Auto or Bilevel machine? I ask because your profile says 5-22 pressure range. APAP's only go as high as 20cm. Bilevel's go higher.

So I just ran my SleepyHead, and it shows the following settings:

APAP
5-20.

Sorry :-)

My Max pressure was 9.92.

RE: First Night with CPAP - OpalRose - 02-03-2016

(02-02-2016, 11:21 PM)velvetackbar Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 04:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Do you have an Auto or Bilevel machine? I ask because your profile says 5-22 pressure range. APAP's only go as high as 20cm. Bilevel's go higher.

So I just ran my SleepyHead, and it shows the following settings:

APAP
5-20.

Sorry :-)

My Max pressure was 9.92.

Great, keep us posted.
Watch your numbers for at least a week and see where your 95% pressure and max pressure is. I would think that your minimum is too low and should fall about 2cm below 90% number. If you are uncomfortable now with low pressure, raising it to 6 won't hurt.