Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
What is your favorite comfort item? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: What is your favorite comfort item? (/Thread-What-is-your-favorite-comfort-item)

Pages: 1 2

What is your favorite comfort item? - SpeedyD - 02-11-2016

In the past few months I have gotten used to the idea of Cpap and my AHi has dropped. Most of the time it is under 2. I'm sure I would feel even better if I slept longer and without waking up so often. So what is your favorite comfort item to help make Cpap comfortable?
Liners?
Aromatherapy?
Specific hose lift? ( I have mine over the head board- it's not bad)
So what do you like?

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - trish6hundred - 02-11-2016

Hi SpeedyD,
My favorite comfort item is a hose cover I had made for me.

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - SpeedyD - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 08:48 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi SpeedyD,
My favorite comfort item is a hose cover I had made for me.

I have a heated hose. Would I need a hose cover? I have moisture in my mask but I think from my mouth hanging open... Actually sleeping....

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - foss - 02-11-2016

Heated hose that allows me to operate at higher humidity levels.

Jeff

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - OpalRose - 02-11-2016

Definetly a hose cover. I have a heated hose also, a cover cuts down on condensation in the hose.

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - green wings - 02-11-2016

A hose cover sounds like a good idea. I'm new to CPAP, and at the moment, aromatherapy is helping me. I use lavender oil in my bedroom to help me relax.

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - partsman - 02-12-2016

My comfort item IS my CPAP. I put on the chin strap, then the mask, tuck the hose between the headboard and the mattress so it loops up a bit, turn on the machine, adjust for seal and I'm out within a couple of minutes. If my wife has light on in the room I'll cover my head with the covers.

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - 2thepoint - 02-14-2016

Being a side sleeper, a small pillow with a fleece cover that I tuck beneath my chin and against my upper chest. It helps anchor the hose and allows enough slack so I can occasionally move my head to get comfortable. It's my version a cpap "blankey"!!
A 2nd small pillow between my knees to keep my RLS in check is the finishing touch.

BTW, I'm not a big poster but this is forum is awesome!!

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - sonicboom - 02-14-2016

Humidity and auto climate control has made cpap tolerable.

RE: What is your favorite comfort item? - DariaVader - 02-14-2016

+1 for humidity and heat. I would have a very difficult time without that! Next up would be a good pillow. I love the shredded foam one with a bamboo rayon cover that I bought on Amazon several months back!