Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Symptoms] Dehydrated - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Symptoms] Dehydrated (/Thread-Symptoms-Dehydrated)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dehydrated - 0rangebear - 02-13-2016

I always feel dehydrated using the Therapy. I have been sleeping without it one day a week and do not feel dehydrated on those days,

I have the humidity set @ 8 on my Machine

Aany suggestions?

RE: Dehydrated - justMongo - 02-13-2016

In the absence of any other conditions (such as diabetes) you likely only have a dry mouth.

RE: Dehydrated - green wings - 02-13-2016

Do you mean that you feel dehydrated at night while you're using the machine or the next day?

I just started using CPAP in late December and have realized that wintertime in the mountains is a tough time to start off on this therapy.

I have been taking a warm shower right before bed to "steam" my nasal passages and also using saline rinse. I think I am going to need to invest in room humidifiers next. At the moment, the showers seem to be helping the most.

(02-13-2016, 08:18 PM)0rangebear Wrote: I always feel dehydrated using the Therapy. I have been sleeping without it one day a week and do not feel dehydrated on those days,

I have the humidity set @ 8 on my Machine

Aany suggestions?

RE: Dehydrated - Sleeprider - 02-13-2016

How to stay hydrated without causing urgent trips to the bathroom at night. Good hydration is probably more important with cpap. How you manage to go hose-free one night a week is a wonder to me.

RE: Dehydrated - 0rangebear - 02-13-2016

Why the wonder?
I feel better when I sleep without the machine. id that unusual?

RE: Dehydrated - 0rangebear - 02-13-2016

[quote='green wings' pid='150323' dateline='1455417638']
Do you mean that you feel dehydrated at night while you're using the machine or the next day?

I just started using CPAP in late December and have realized that wintertime in the mountains is a tough time to start off on this therapy.

I have been taking a warm shower right before bed to "steam" my nasal passages and also using saline rinse. I think I am going to need to invest in room humidifiers next. At the moment, the showers seem to be helping the most.

Thanks Green wings. I will give the shower a try.
I feel dehydrated in the morning when I take off the mask and start my day. My moth nose and throat feel dry until around noon. I have been drink around 16 ounces or water in the morning to compensate

RE: Dehydrated - Mr Nifty - 02-13-2016

I feel awful, tired and cranky all day if I don't use my bipap. I feel a bit dehydrated in the morning if I have excessive mask leak. What is the humidity level of your bedroom?

RE: Dehydrated - 0rangebear - 02-14-2016

I do not know what the humidity is in my Bedroom. But here in Colorado it runs around 30% in the winter.

My 95% leak rate is 9.8 L/min on the 30 day average

RE: Dehydrated - Possum - 02-14-2016

(02-13-2016, 11:24 PM)0rangebear Wrote: Why the wonder?
I feel better when I sleep without the machine. id that unusual?

Yes, that is unusual. This type of therapy is prescribed to improve health and make you feel better, and in general it is not prescribed if unnecessary. That said, if you are not feeling better then something is not right, and you will need to work on optimizing your therapy.

People on this board can help, but you will need to provide as many details as possible, be open to taking charge of your therapy, and learn how to improve it on your own,if your doctor is not helping you sufficiently.

RE: Dehydrated - cate1898 - 02-14-2016

Welcome to ApneaBoard Orangebear!

Do you have a ClimateLine Heated hose? Using that and setting it on auto is supposed to automatically adjust the humidity based on the conditions of your room. It might help if you're not already using one.