Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Best Mask Suggestions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Best Mask Suggestions (/Thread-Best-Mask-Suggestions)

Pages: 1 2

Best Mask Suggestions - deadfish - 02-16-2016

So with the help of this forum I upgraded to an auto cpap today and I also wanted you all's input on best full mask for Respironics System One Auto CPAP with Bluetooth. I didn't know if other brand mask were comparable. Right now I have the standard Phillips Facemask that covers nose and mouth. It is air not gel. It works ok but I sleep on my side generally and it likes to create little air pockets. Thanks for any help!

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - OpalRose - 02-16-2016

You can use any brand/style mask with any brand machine, so it's your choice, whatever you feel comfortable with.
I don't wear full face, so will leave it to others to suggest.

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - PoolQ - 02-16-2016

I started with the Simplus and now use the Amara View. I would expect that side sleeping will always need so accommodation. I just shift to the end of the pillow and hang the mask off the end. There are also special pillows that have cutouts for the mask and you can still sleep in the center.

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - otrpu - 02-16-2016

deadfish,,
Best mask is really what works best for you. Only way to find out is to tryum. For side sleeping I use a Hybrid FFM. Has nasal pillows, and a much smaller mouth seal area than a normal FFM. The kit comes with all three sizes of seals and pillows. Wherever you buy, make sure you can return it and try another if you don't like what you get. Good luck with your search.
Cheers,
otrpu

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - Mr Nifty - 02-16-2016

Good Luck

Don't give up. You will find a mask sooner or later that you like.

Masks I have tried since January 13th 2016.

AirFit F10-FFM
AirFit N10-Nasal
Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM
Mirage Quattro-FFM
Swift FX Nano-Pillow
Mirage Activa LT-Nasal
Comfort Gel Blue - FFM

I'm currently using the Miarge Quattro FFM with a padacheek anti leak strap.

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - Ghost1958 - 02-17-2016

Simplus

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - y_not - 02-17-2016

Hi deadfish,

Like you, I'm new to both CPAP & this forum and I also use a full mask. Because of sores caused by my regular mask (made worse by side sleeping) a ordered a SleepWeaver Anew Full Face Cloth CPAP Mask which arrived yesterday. I'll also mention that I also ordered a hose hanger so that the hose drops down from above me - I had doubts but that has been really useful!

Last night was my first attempt with it and these are my thoughts so far:

Plugged in (after setting the straps etc earlier in the day) and my wife immediately commented "I hope it['s not going to be that noisy all night!"
A bit of waggling it around and a slight tightening of one strap silenced it.
It did still seem quite noisy but my wife confirmed that it was down to the same level as the previous plastic mask. Took a lot longer than normal to start sleeping.
That was all around 10 pm. At 1:30 am I woke and noticed the noise from the mask, air was leaking quite badly. I spent a couple of minutes attempting to readjust before I gave up and swapped back to the old mask.

Now, that's not to say that it doesn't work; I will keep trying for 10 days before, if it's no better, giving up. The supplier (UK based) assured me that I have a 14 day trial so I plan to utilise the trial period as I do suspect that, once I get the straps right it will be great.

Hope you find your perfect mask soon.

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - Rousseau21 - 02-19-2016

Hello deadfish,

I try different masks but for me the Amara view is the most comfortable and the less intrusive. I'm a side sleeper by the way.

There is no shortcut... You need to try them until you find the good one for you!

Good luck!

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - MorrisGray - 06-01-2016

I wear a nasal mask and love the Mirage FX by ResMed. I started out with a full face mask but had trouble with leaks because I sleep on my side and the nasal mask is much more suited to side sleep for me.

RE: Best Mask Suggestions - sautee - 06-04-2016

(02-16-2016, 10:21 PM)Mr Nifty Wrote: Good Luck

Don't give up. You will find a mask sooner or later that you like.

Masks I have tried since January 13th 2016.

AirFit F10-FFM
AirFit N10-Nasal
Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM
Mirage Quattro-FFM
Swift FX Nano-Pillow
Mirage Activa LT-Nasal
Comfort Gel Blue - FFM

I'm currently using the Miarge Quattro FFM with a padacheek anti leak strap.
Question: How do you obtain different masks to "test drive"? I'm new here, but I have been told that I must return my Wisp in order to try a different mask. What if the Wisp turns out to be better? Would prefer to have several in hand to compare, but I don't know how to do that. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!