Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV (/Thread-PR-Dreamstaqtion-BiPAP-Auto-SV)

PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV - marose1 - 02-21-2016

Can anyone tell me if Philips Respironics is selling or will soon sell an Auto SV version of their Dreamstation Models?

Their website lists one:

"DreamStation offers a range of positive airway pressure (PAP)* sleep therapy devices that offer exceptional comfort, intelligent monitoring, motivation and feedback, and seamless connectivity to the care team for proven clinical care and effortless patient management. Alongside the baseline continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)* model, the CPAP Pro, Auto CPAP, BiPAP, Auto BiPAP, and BiPAP Auto SV feature advanced event detection and automation algorithms that anticipate and respond to your individual therapy needs."

My Pulmonologist has read the preliminary results of my sleep study an told me that, due to many clear airway apneas, I will be changing from BiPap to ASV as soon as the final report from my sleep study is completed.

I am hoping to include the Dreamstation ASV as a possible choice if it is available, or will be soon. Otherwise my choices will be between the PR DS960 AutoSV and the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

RE: PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV - marose1 - 02-22-2016

Shortly after posting the preceding message, I received a response from PR:

"Thank you for contacting us. We do not have a release date for the Dreamstation ASV. Best Regards, Phillips PCMS Patient Interaction Team."

I guess I have my answer, but it is not very satisfying.

RE: PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV - trish6hundred - 02-22-2016

Hi marose1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and good luck to you on your machine decision.

RE: PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV - Sleeprider - 02-22-2016

Marose1, the PRS1 DS960 is a very capable machine. The Dreamstation series are basically a repackaging of the PRS1 series with a few minor added features from what I can tell. It does not appear the approach to therapy is so different that it should make any difference.

(02-22-2016, 12:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Marose1, the PRS1 DS960 is a very capable machine. The Dreamstation series are basically a repackaging of the PRS1 series with a few minor added features from what I can tell. It does not appear the approach to therapy is so different that it should make any difference.

Sleeprider, thanks for your info. I do like the water tank on the Dreamstation because it appears very easy to refill. I have been using PR CPAP and BiPAP machines since 2006, and I have no complaints except that on my current machine (PR DS650HS BiPAP) the humidifier water tank could be larger and easier to fill (its is DRY out here in Vegas). Now that I will be moving up to an ASV machine, I have read everything I could find comparing the PR DS960 AutoSV and the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV. From what I can gather, they are both competent machines with some different algorithms and adjustments, the PR being the more adjustable of the two. My ASV titration was also done on a PR machine. Notwithstanding that and for no particular reason, I am thinking of trying the Resmed ASV machine. If disaster strikes, which I hope is unlikely, then I may have to look for a used PR DS960.

RE: PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV - Sleeprider - 02-22-2016

I use my machine on 12 volt battery power at times, so I find the Philips machines to be an advantage from that standpoint. I have also been curious about the Resmed units as they seem to have a fanatic following. Dont-know

This is probably one of those cases where there is no wrong answer.

RE: PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV - klv329 - 02-22-2016

Someone posted a link on another apnea site to a doctor's 10/2014 presentation on ASV titrations and major brand functioning. Very interesting. On page 56 it indicates that if all else fails, consider switching brands as one of several options to consider.

A google search for "CSA and ASV updated Morgan pdf" pulls up the presentation.

RE: PR Dreamstaqtion BiPAP Auto SV - SuperSleeper - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 10:34 PM)klv329 Wrote: A google search for "CSA and ASV updated Morgan pdf" pulls up the presentation.

The PDF can also be found here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/CSA-and-ASV-Updated-Morgan.pdf

(02-22-2016, 10:34 PM)klv329 Wrote: Someone posted a link on another apnea site to a doctor's 10/2014 presentation on ASV titrations and major brand functioning. Very interesting. On page 56 it indicates that if all else fails, consider switching brands as one of several options to consider.

A google search for "CSA and ASV updated Morgan pdf" pulls up the presentation.

I went through the presentation and it was good reading and possibly useful info -- Thanks