Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
An experiment with my Dreamstation - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: An experiment with my Dreamstation (/Thread-An-experiment-with-my-Dreamstation)

An experiment with my Dreamstation - johnathonm - 02-28-2016

Hi,

I have been doing some thinking and I want to try my Dreamstatiion out for w night in autocpap mode. I was reading and there is some fine tuning in terms of setting a range. There isn't any clear guide or sort of range so if I am at 14 can anyone recommend a sight or a non-clinical or binding range that would make sense.

I want to see if I sleep better on the autopap settings. If I am not allowed to ask this I apologize. The guide on the front page just was very very wide in its settings window.

Thanks in advance.

RE: An experiment with my Dreamstation - Crimson Nape - 02-28-2016

If you are running at 14cm, you can try something along the lines of 10 to 12 as the lower and maybe 16 to 18 as the upper. The upper limit isn't as much of a concern as the lower. The CPAP should only go as high as needed. The lower pressure should be in your treatment pressure range and not so low as to make you feel like you're suffocating. I would highly recommend that you obtain analytical software so you can see if this is working for you. I for one can't use the auto titration mode on my machine. My breathing pattern produces a very fuzzy flow limit and makes my CPAP think I need more pressure.

Good luck.

RE: An experiment with my Dreamstation - johnathonm - 02-28-2016

(02-28-2016, 05:14 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you are running at 14cm, you can try something along the lines of 10 to 12 as the lower and maybe 16 to 18 as the upper. The upper limit isn't as much of a concern as the lower. The CPAP should only go as high as needed. The lower pressure should be in your treatment pressure range and not so low as to make you feel like you're suffocating. I would highly recommend that you obtain analytical software so you can see if this is working for you. I for one can't use the auto titration mode on my machine. My breathing pattern produces a very fuzzy flow limit and makes my CPAP think I need more pressure.

Good luck.

Thank you for your direction.

RE: An experiment with my Dreamstation - Sleeprider - 02-28-2016

I'm going to bracket the Crimson Nape and say 11 for the low auto setting, nd 16 for the top. We are on the cusp of having a functional Sleepyhead for your machine. Meanwhile you can view the full data in Encore Pro.

At a fixed pressure of 4 you should look at your machine data summary and note your daily, 7-day and 30 day (if applicable) AHI, and types of apnea events. We rely on interpreting events to judge the effectiveness of pressure changes, so it's going to be a challenge until we have a good, easy to use software to display the efficacy data.

RE: An experiment with my Dreamstation - GPSMapNut - 02-29-2016

My prescribed CPAP pressure was 15. APAP setting of 10-16 I found to be nearly perfect so;
I agree with the Sleeprider that 11-16 may be just the ticket.

RE: An experiment with my Dreamstation - Ghost1958 - 03-01-2016

Agree. 11 or 12 min. You could simply leave tje max at 20 if you wanted . Machine wont go higher than it needs to.
But if you want to cap the max id set about 16 or 17.