Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed AirSense 10 Questions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed AirSense 10 Questions (/Thread-ResMed-AirSense-10-Questions)

ResMed AirSense 10 Questions - mavmannate - 02-29-2016

Hello,

My wife has an appointment to get a new machine (ResMed 10).

She currently has a ResMed S9 w/Humidifier with a set pressure of 11.8. Personally we have tweaked it a couple of times for comfort. Overall she is happy with the S9.

I just confirmed the ResMed supplier we are getting it from on Friday says the order they received from the doctor says a "SET" pressure of 7 with the auto mode "off". They said they all have auto available on them.

My question, am I able to adjust the pressure by depressing the buttons for 3 seconds as mentioned in the clinician manual that's uploaded on this site? Thinking-about

Second question, am I able to turn the auto setting (APAP) on myself as well in that menu.

Third question, are all of the ResMed AirSense 10 units capable of turning the APAP setting on/off and turning on/off the "For Her" setting?? Huhsign

Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks

Thanks!

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Questions - Sleeprider - 02-29-2016

There are three versions of the Resmed Airsense 10: CPAP, Elite and Autoset. The CPAP is a fixed CPAP machine that does not record data. Do not accept this machine. The Elite is a fixed CPAP that is capable of full efficacy data and is a good CPAP. The Autoset is fully data capable and can be set to a range of pressures.

The Clinical menu on all 3 is accessed the same way by pushing the home button and control knob.

If you want a different machine, or want to ensure you are given an Autoset, ask your doctor to prescribe the Auto CPAP. You (and he) can justify this by saying it has been a while since her last sleep study, and you know she needs to self titrate. This is obvious from the changes in her pressure settings. Get your doctor involved, and you should be able to revise the prescription to be "auto cpap with humidifier and minimum CPAP pressure of 8.0 and maximum CPAP pressure of 13.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Questions - mavmannate - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 02:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There are three versions of the Resmed Airsense 10: CPAP, Elite and Autoset. The CPAP is a fixed CPAP machine that does not record data. Do not accept this machine. The Elite is a fixed CPAP that is capable of full efficacy data and is a good CPAP. The Autoset is fully data capable and can be set to a range of pressures.

The Clinical menu on all 3 is accessed the same way by pushing the home button and control knob.

If you want a different machine, or want to ensure you are given an Autoset, ask your doctor to prescribe the Auto CPAP. You (and he) can justify this by saying it has been a while since her last sleep study, and you know she needs to self titrate. This is obvious from the changes in her pressure settings. Get your doctor involved, and you should be able to revise the prescription to be "auto cpap with humidifier and minimum CPAP pressure of 8.0 and maximum CPAP pressure of 13.

I didnt know that about the recording of data on the standard machine. Yes we want the data.

I however was thinking that based on the menu choices on this link, that each machine had the ability to do cpap, apap, and apap for her.
ww.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsense-10-aircurve-10-setup-info

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Questions - Tinkerbell - 02-29-2016

(02-29-2016, 02:08 PM)mavmannate Wrote: Hello,

My wife has an appointment to get a new machine (ResMed 10).

She currently has a ResMed S9 w/Humidifier with a set pressure of 11.8. Personally we have tweaked it a couple of times for comfort. Overall she is happy with the S9.

I just confirmed the ResMed supplier we are getting it from on Friday says the order they received from the doctor says a "SET" pressure of 7 with the auto mode "off". They said they all have auto available on them.

My question, am I able to adjust the pressure by depressing the buttons for 3 seconds as mentioned in the clinician manual that's uploaded on this site? Thinking-about

Second question, am I able to turn the auto setting (APAP) on myself as well in that menu.

Third question, are all of the ResMed AirSense 10 units capable of turning the APAP setting on/off and turning on/off the "For Her" setting?? Huhsign

Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks

Thanks!
To answer your first & second questions: You can adjust the minimum and maximum pressure settings only from the professional menu where you can do whatever a Respiratory Therapist can do. This is also where you can turn the APAP setting "For Her" on & off.

I'm not sure which auto setting you are referring to. There is an auto setting for gradually ramping up to your minimum pressure when you first start the machine. You also have the option of having the humidification automatically adjust based on the humidity in the air, or you can set a fixed humidity. These adjustments can be found in the patient settings.

Regarding the "For Her" setting: are you sure you are getting the "For Her" model? ResMed makes two AirSense 10 Autoset models: a standard one in black which doesn't have the "For Her" settings, and a more decorative model "For Her" which is supposed to contain algorithms specifically for a woman. I have been told that there is little difference between them, although ResMed says otherwise. Some claim it is a marketing ploy. I have used both and personally couldn't tell the difference between them.

Why are you getting the AirSense 10 if your wife is happy with the S9? I sent you a PM.

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Questions - trish6hundred - 02-29-2016

Hi mavmannate,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to your wife as she continues her CPAP therapy.