Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Can't work out my results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Can't work out my results (/Thread-Can-t-work-out-my-results)

Can't work out my results - Rip and Rosie - 03-10-2016

For the last 3 nights my AHI has been over 6.
I think its due to hypopneas but not sure and can't work out what to do about it if it is.
I have been on CPAP for under 6 weeks.

RE: Can't work out my results - surferdude2 - 03-10-2016

Welcome!

It looks like you're right on the edge of having good therapy. You could try raising the max. pressure to 9.6 cm H2O and see if that knocks down the hypops. Give it a week or so before judging. If it creates too many CA's, then you can back it off to 9.2 and keep bumping it up in slow increments over several weeks. Your therapy is pretty good where it is since hypops are not total blockages but partial restrictions. They aren't all that harmful so if you are feeling well then not to worry about getting them fixed immediately.

Edit: You have a little leak issue, nothing severe but it may get worse when you raise the pressure so be warned that some attention may be required.

Dude

RE: Can't work out my results - Crimson Nape - 03-10-2016

Hi Rip and Rosie!

Welcome to the forum.

Not knowing how long you've been using CPAP therapy I am reluctant to offer any changes. Hang in there and hopefully someone else may provide you some insight.

RE: Can't work out my results - PaulaO2 - 03-10-2016

This early into your treatment, you need to just wait it out. If you have a good relationship with your sleep doc, bring this up with him/her.

Do you wake feeling rested? That is more important than the numbers.

And 3 nights are not much in the grand scheme of things. What has changed in your sleep patterns? Or in your daytime patterns? Sometimes it is nothing that changes but just a fluke. Which is why waiting it out and/or gathering more data is a better idea than messing with any pressure settings right now. Especially since you are so relatively new at it.

RE: Can't work out my results - trish6hundred - 03-10-2016

Hi Rip and Rosie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: Can't work out my results - Rip and Rosie - 03-10-2016

Thank you all.
I've been on CPAP just under 6 weeks.
Just need to be more patient don't I !

RE: Can't work out my results - cate1898 - 03-11-2016

Welcome to the forum Rip and Rosie!

It is hard to be patient when you just want to get things under control right away. Keep at it, it will pay off. It took me over 3 months of therapy before my morning SA headaches went away.

RE: Can't work out my results - OpalRose - 03-11-2016

Hi Rip and Rosie,
Watch you leak rate, it is a bit high. Do whatever you can to monitor leaks and get them under
control.

Once you control leaks, then it would help to raise pressure slowly to tackle the hypopneas.
Raise your pressure to 9.5 and watch for a couple weeks to see if that makes a difference.