Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Choice of Machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Choice of Machine (/Thread-CPAP-Choice-of-Machine)

Pages: 1 2

Choice of Machine - emeslyaakov - 03-16-2016

I live in Israel. My wife and I were both told that we need CPAP machines. Before we had time to get them, we had to make a trip to the United States where we will be for the next three weeks.

The machines that they offered us at home were:

Hoffrichter Point 2
BVMC Resmart
SEFAM Goodknight 420E

Cost was approximately $1,700.

Or we could bring back machines from the United States.

Is there any reason why it would be a bad idea to get the machines in the US if we will be living far away when we use them?

Are any of the machines which they offered us in Israel any good?

Thanks all.

RE: Choice of Machine - palerider - 03-16-2016

buy something online here, and you'll get two, or more, for the price of one of those clunkers.

RE: Choice of Machine - justMongo - 03-16-2016

Hello,

I've not heard of any of the 3 machines you have listed.

The Hoffrichter Point 2 is a German machine. I believe the BMC Resmart is made by BMC Medical Co., Ltd. of Beijing.
What we see most often in the US are Resmed and Phillips-Respironics machines.

Federal law in the US, requires a prescription to purchase or transfer a CPAP machine.
Assuming you have a prescription, I am not aware of any tariffs or customs that would prevent you from exporting a machine from the US to Israel.

There are some suppliers on the list (see above) that ship internationally.

RE: Choice of Machine - zonk - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 02:40 AM)palerider Wrote: buy something online here, and you'll get two, or more, for the price of one of those clunkers.
+1
CPAP prices in Australia are about the same as in Israel, I got two ResMed AutoSet machines from US, plus everything else
Suppliers #2 and #10 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List ship outside US

Welcome emeslyaakov

RE: Choice of Machine - emeslyaakov - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 03:07 AM)zonk Wrote:
(03-16-2016, 02:40 AM)palerider Wrote: buy something online here, and you'll get two, or more, for the price of one of those clunkers.
+1
CPAP prices in Australia are about the same as in Israel, I got two ResMed AutoSet machines from US, plus everything else
Suppliers #2 and #10 t ship outside US

Welcome emeslyaakov

Thanks. Did you get a used machine from Supplier #2? Were you concerned about sterility/germs?

RE: Choice of Machine - zonk - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 03:22 AM)emeslyaakov Wrote: Thanks. Did you get a used machine from Supplier #2? Were you concerned about sterility/germs?
I purchased new machines but gently used machines are cleaned and comes with new unused hoses, water tank, air filter, etc ...
From their web site:
The Importance of Clean...
Although many of our CPAP machines are new, zero hour devices, all gently used CPAP & BIPAP machines acquired by our company are internally and externally cleaned and tested using the same comprehensive process employed by hospitals across the country. You can rest assured that your CPAP machine will come to you clean, tested, and pressure-accurate.

RE: Choice of Machine - Crimson Nape - 03-16-2016

The only thing I would add to this conversation would be to make sure you can use the voltage of your final selection.

RE: Choice of Machine - justMongo - 03-16-2016

These machines have universal Voltage and line frequency. An adapter from wall socket to plug may be required.

RE: Choice of Machine - JudgeMental - 03-16-2016

If the new machines in this (US) country are half the price of the ones in Israel, and the new ones that are avbl to you on line are half the price of the ones in Israel also, why even consider used.?

RE: Choice of Machine - trish6hundred - 03-16-2016

Hi emeslyaakov,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you and your wife with your CPAP therapy and finding machines.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.