Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to board need help with machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to board need help with machine (/Thread-New-to-board-need-help-with-machine)

New to board need help with machine - DaveC5065 - 03-16-2016

I have a ResMed S9 VPAP S with my IPAP set at 17 and my EPAP set at 8. I found an S9 VPAP Adapt to use as a travel machine, thinking I could just enter the clinical menu and enter IPAP and EPAP. I find that the entries in the VPAP Adapt clinical screens are completely different from the VPAP S. Can anyone tell me what I should set the Adapt to baesd on the above? I'm way over my head lol.

RE: New to board need help with machine - PoolQ - 03-16-2016

I can't but others here can for sure, hang in there.

RE: New to board need help with machine - DaveC5065 - 03-16-2016

Or, can I even use this vpap adapt as a backup to the vpap s? I've tried to research it but am lost. The product literature says it can be used for bipap (at least I think it does) but it talks about being for complex sleep apnea and central sa, etc. Don't know where to go from here :-(

RE: New to board need help with machine - palerider - 03-16-2016

the adapt uses automatic breath by breath pressure support changes to compensate for and even out central apneas. it's a much much more complicated machine in it's operation, even though it has fewer settings.

they're made to treat different types of apnea.

RE: New to board need help with machine - DaveC5065 - 03-16-2016

Thanks. I guess you're saying I can't use it for Bipap then? Darn!

RE: New to board need help with machine - trish6hundred - 03-16-2016

Hi DaveC5065,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: New to board need help with machine - palerider - 03-16-2016

(03-16-2016, 08:26 PM)DaveC5065 Wrote: Thanks. I guess you're saying I can't use it for Bipap then? Darn!

perhaps you can find someone that needs an ASV but has a bilevel machine, and trade them Big Grin

RE: New to board need help with machine - DaveC5065 - 03-17-2016

I'd be happy to trade....

RE: New to board need help with machine - SuperSleeper - 03-17-2016

(03-17-2016, 05:28 AM)DaveC5065 Wrote: I'd be happy to trade....

Just a reminder of legalities and the rules here:

Quote:3. No member may use their forum account to solicit or facilitate the sale, trade, or transfer of any prescription-required items (such as CPAP machines, humidifiers, masks or mask parts).

Apnea Board is based in the U.S. and must comply with U.S. regulations and laws regarding prescription-required items, regardless of where our members are physically located.

Thread closed for now. Feel free to start a new thread that does not discuss trading prescription-required items publicly.