Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset (/Thread-Trouble-with-Airsense-10-Autoset)

Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - Kitchenchem - 03-20-2016

Hi all, I'm having trouble with my Airsense 10 autoset. I've been a xpap patient for a little over 10 years, and have not had any problems until now. I've got the new machine about 4 months ago and have been liking it better than my S9, until a week ago. I woke up in the middle of the night breathing hard, and noticed the pressure relief was not working. The machine shut down and gave me a message the tubing was blocked. I checked the tubing and it looked okay. I removed the sd card and checked it on Rescan software. Everything looked okay except I noticed there was data missing. So I changed the EPR to a value of 1 from 2, inserted the card back into the machine, and it worked. I called the med equipment supplier the next day. They checked remotely and said everything look normal. Two nights later I woke up breathing hard again, however the pressure relief was working. About three minutes later pressure relief stopped working. Then the machine shut down and I got a message the tubing was blocked. It was not. Call the supplier the next day, they remotely checked the machine, and said it was normal. I assume they are running diagnostics. I reformatted the SD card and everything worked for a couple of days, until last night. I woke up breathing hard, then pressure relief stopped, then tubing blockage message.

I'm a patient at MAYO Clinic, and talk to them monday. Can anyone of you help in the meantime?

RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - justMongo - 03-20-2016

You shouldn't have to put up with that. Sounds like they need to replace your machine.
As for them running remote diagnostics; I doubt it. They can change a setting or look at compliance data; that's about it.

There seem to be a lot of "dud" ResMed series 10 machines slipping past Q.C.
Maybe they have adopted the consumer model of Q.C. -- ship it; and let the end user be the tester.
Serious Q.C. costs money. They should set every machine on a test jig and run it for 100 hours.

RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - trish6hundred - 03-20-2016

Hi Kitchenchem,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It seems to me like I have read that this has happened to someone else here on this board. You might want to try to get it exchanged, it shouldn't be doing that.
Good luck to you on this and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more suggestions.

RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - Inspired - 03-21-2016

Try disabling "smart start" and see if the problem goes away. Others are seeing wierd problems with this enabled.

Even if it does solve the problem, I would request a new machine though.

Grin

RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - PoolQ - 03-21-2016

I have heard or read someplace that smart start might not work with some masks.

Make sure that the very small vent holes are not getting plugged up with water, that will make it look like the hose is plugged.

RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - AlanE - 03-21-2016

There have been a few that have the same error. All of them have the climate line hose. If you have that hose, that could be the issue. Switching to a standard hose seems to stop that problem. I would look into replacing the machine though. It's expensive enough and you are going to live with it for a long time. Might as well get one that works as it was designed.

RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - Possum - 03-21-2016

I used to have this problem with mine, and it was always associated with condensation build-up (rainout) in the ClimateLine air tube. It never occurred with the SlimLine tubing. I now use a cozy for both my heated hose and short mask tube to reduce rainout, as well as placing my machine on the ground so that rainout drains back into the humidifier. Haven't had any problems since.

Of course, neither my DME nor ResMed helped me with any of this troubleshooting. It was all the good people on this board and me. Smile

RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - ehunter - 03-23-2016

Hi I also had this for a period last year. They changed my hose for another Climateline and so far so good!

RE: Trouble with Airsense 10 Autoset - Kitchenchem - 03-24-2016

Thanks for all the comments. I got a new machine, mask, and climateline.