Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Anyone forget they were still attached? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Anyone forget they were still attached? (/Thread-Anyone-forget-they-were-still-attached)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone forget they were still attached? - NicholasB - 03-23-2016

My alarm went off and I jumped out of bed without thinking, dumping my a10 autoset on to the floor. Fortunately, it's fine! Shy

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - PoolQ - 03-23-2016

I have not done that but I have had to put a hand to my face to make sure I had the mask on several times

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - GrammaBear - 03-23-2016

I was on vacation last Summer and of course took my cpap with me. Early in the morning the phone rang in our motel room and in the confusion of waking, half awake and trying to answer the phone I pulled my machine off onto the floor. Fortunately for me I had only filled the humidifier half full the evening before and my machine was OK.

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - Mosquitobait - 03-23-2016

Been there done that. The DME says that mostly all customers appear to drop their machines to the floor at least once for one cause or another, but these are well built. It's really only a problem if they fall on the corner of a piece of furniture or on ceramic tile OR those rare instances where the water gets into the machine. Mine fell off the tiny side table at my brother's last week, but fortunately, no problems.

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - trish6hundred - 03-23-2016

Hi NicholasB,

Yes, I had that happen with my first machine. I was half asleep when the phone rang, I went to answer it and the machine took a tunble but it still worked after that, it didn’t get any water damage.

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - dwd1249 - 03-24-2016

My machine lives on the floor. So far so good, I haven't steeped on it.

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - Asjb - 03-24-2016

I've never leapt out of bed with the hose still attached - for loo breaks during the night I disconnect the hose and keep the mask on.

But on one occasion woken very early by the doorbell, I got as far as having my hands on the handle of my front-door before I realised I still had the mask on...

That could have cheered up our postman, but I don't think I would have wanted to know about the subsequent local rumours!

.............................................................................................
My pressures this week: Auto-ASV. EPAP 11-14. PS 3-10

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - NicholasB - 03-24-2016

(03-24-2016, 05:39 AM)dwd1249 Wrote: My machine lives on the floor. So far so good, I haven't steeped on it.

Now that's a good idea right there!

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - big_dave - 03-24-2016

I've woken up many times to find that I've dragged my machine 6 inches or more by the hose. There's no doubt in my mind that it would have been knocked to the floor--if it wasn't already there. I believe it's happened both when waking up, and while asleep.

RE: Anyone forget they were still attached? - OMyMyOHellYes - 03-25-2016

(03-24-2016, 05:39 AM)dwd1249 Wrote: My machine lives on the floor. So far so good, I haven't steeped on it.

Yeah. You may some day want to reconsider. If you get a big dog. Like a Saint Bernard. That sleeps right next to the bed. That is flatulent.

OMMOHY