Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? (/Thread-Amara-View-ffm-with-Resmed-ClimateLine-heated-hose)

Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? - Clay L - 03-25-2016

My wife (me too) just got an Amara View ffm that so far she thinks is the best thing since sliced bread (me too). The problem is that she would like to use it with her Resmed ClimateLine heated hose - she has a Resmed S9 BIPAP - and the Amara short hose end is too small for the opening on the Resmed hose.
I checked with online suppliers with no luck finding an adapter. Also just emailed Respironics but no answer yet - I doubt if they will supply an adapter for a competitors hose but thought I would try anyway.
Googled it with no results. Has anyone found a solution for this?

If all else fails I think I can jury-rig a solution by using some self amalgamating silicon tape to seal the Amara short hose end in the ClimateLine hose opening but it would be nice to have a better solution.

ClimateLine hose end ID =.903 in/22.94 mm
Amara short hose end OD = .874 in/22.2mm ID = .756 in/ 19.22 mm

RE: Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? - foss - 03-25-2016

I use the Amara View with the ClimateLine hose with my A10. It fits perfectly.

I wonder what the difference is?

RE: Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? - foss - 03-25-2016

I have attached a picture of the Amara View hose. It has a swivel adapter attached to the end of the white hose that fits into the ClimateLine hose.

[attachment=2301]

I guess my photo is not too clear. Clicking it for an enlarged view is helpful.

Jeff

RE: Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? - palerider - 03-25-2016

as replied to on another forum, *all* cpap masks/hoses have a nominal 22mm connection size, there are no adapters available or needed.

the end of your wife's climateline hose has gotten soft and lost some of it's grip.

some people will tell you to throw it away and get a new one. I'm not one of those people.

connect the mask and hose, then wrap a rubber band around the end, or some stretchy (silicone) tape, or do what I did with one of my regular hoses which had an end that got soft after a couple years of use, I wrapped thread around the end tightly, it gave the end grip again, and I used the hose for a couple more years until I replaced it with a longer one. (waste not want not, etc)

RE: Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? - Clay L - 03-25-2016

It appears that the climate line hose end has been stretched some by the mask adapter that has been in it for a year or so. I tried the short hose in an older heated climate line hose that hasn't been used much because it did not have a oxygen hose connection feature and it fit pretty snugly.

RE: Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? - trish6hundred - 03-25-2016

Hi Clay L,
I tried the Amara View for a few days with my ClimateLine hose and didn’t have any trouble with getting that mask to fit into it.
Good luck to you with getting this problem straightened out.

RE: Amara View ffm with Resmed ClimateLine heated hose? - Clay L - 03-25-2016

Okay - wrapped a rubber band around the fitting and the climate line hose short hose fits tightly. Smile
Thanks everyone.